All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-21-2017, 08:32 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

It's a relatively new requirement for international shipping.

ISPM 15 affects all wood packaging material (pallets, crates, dunnages, etc.) requiring that they be debarked and then heat treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and stamped or branded, with a mark of compliance. This mark of compliance is colloquially known as the "wheat stamp".

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:31 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Not surprised. The stones that used to come to studio yrs ago from India, then China, grew fungus & mold that looked like sci-fi terror stuff. We avoided getting scratched when opening the nailed crates or paid for it. I am still very leery about such wood and crating materials.

The stink bugs are a real pain. We had enough hard freeze in Winter 2015-2016 here in SC to have a relatively low stink bug problem last summer. This winter was very mild, so I expect their numbers will boom this summer. They are very destructive to vine fruits. They pierce the seeds when fruit (grapes and muscadines) is young. Before they mature, the damaged fruit simply drops off the vine. Just bump the plant or trellis and the fruit falls off like rain. I've got a lot of muscadine vines. Not cool.

It's all probably nuisance warfare/terrorism via invasive species being inflicted upon us by our friendly Free Trade competitors overseas...

Anyways- you did a great job with the last shipment, Peter. I have found no bugs, kooties, mold or fungus on my new wheel!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Peter has informed me that the current fourth order has been sold out and he is finishing the shipping crate in a manner that might pre-empt the holding and inspecting and 'de-bugging' that has occasionally held up the delivery once the crate has arrived in the US.
This is great! I can't wait to get mine. I need to go ahead and order my wheels.

Last edited by zekeymonkey; 04-21-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:03 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

In a previous post I mentioned that the fourth shipment of Peters wheeling machines had left Australia. I just made a call this afternoon and was told that the shipment was in Atlanta now, and that they had scheduled a pickup call for later this evening and thought that the wheeling machines will probably be here in Rock Hill, S.C. on Friday of this week.

Any questions regarding Peters wheeling machines crating, shipping or accessories look here:

http://www.mantiquesresto.com/Restor...siniWheel.html

Last edited by RockHillWill; 06-28-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
In a previous post I mentioned that the fourth shipment of Peters wheeling machines had left Australia. I just made a call this afternoon and was told that the shipment was in Atlanta now, and that they had scheduled a pickup call for later this evening and thought that the wheeling machines will probably be here in Rock Hill, S.C. on Friday of this week.

Any questions regarding Peters wheeling machines crating, shipping or accessories look here:

Any updates Will?????
Old 07-05-2017, 05:57 AM

Good morning, Chris

Yes, the trucking company called me Monday and they are scheduled to arrive at Matthews Construction Co. today (Wednesday). I will give more info when unloaded and inspected. I'm excited as well. This has always been fun, opening the large wooden crate from Australia. There is often a surprise 'goodie' inside. Peter does a very creative job making the shipping crate. I save the Australian printed addresses, etc. that are on the crate and hang them in the shop.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:17 PM

The fourth shipment of Peters' wheeling machines has arrived here in Rock Hill, S.C.

I looked over the shipping crate for this fourth order this afternoon and it looks in good shape, but is a different construction that for previous shipments. Every wheeling machine in this shipment has been sold and Jimmy Matthews and I will be dis-assembling the crate on Friday and will start to make the crates for inner US shipments. Peter did a great job in preparing these wheeling machines for shipment.

For those of you that have a balance on these wheels, now is the time to remit that amount. If you have an interest in any accessories for these machines, they can be inserted into the crates and will save shipping costs at a later date.

Shipment4PT 008.jpg

Shipment4PT 007.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 07-05-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. This is like Christmas!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:25 PM

This is notification for those of you that have ordered one of Peters wheeling machines, that your wheeling machine has arrived here in Rock Hill, S.C.

We have unloaded the large shipping crate and inspected the contents and all the wheeling machines have arrived in great condition.

The balance of $1600 is now due, along with the applicable shipping fee. If have not sent the signed copy of the Fastenal shipping agreement that was sent, now is the time for that as well.

If you wish to acquire any of the available accessory items, I can include them in the shipping container and save you shipping costs at a later date. Accessory availability here: http://www.mantiquesresto.com/RestoredItems/Tommasini/TommasiniWheel.html

I will be gone from this Thursday thru Sunday to a car show in Kentucky, but check my emails several times a day. Crating can begin next week.

Two machines have already been crated and sent, and one is scheduled for pick up on the coming Monday.

Regards, Will

JimmySat 002.jpg

JimmySat 003.jpg

JimmySat 006.jpg

JimmySat 008.jpg

FastenalFriday 046.jpg
Old 07-11-2017, 04:39 PM

I think the plate in the one crate has my name on it