All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-18-2018, 05:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default The 6th shipment of Peter Tommasini Wheeling Machines

I have just received confirmation that the 6th shipment of Peter's wheeling machines is about to be shipped. I am awaiting confirmation regarding the actual shipping date, expected to be only about two weeks from now. As in the past these orders are accumulated in groups of six, with two having already been sold, leaving four available in this shipment.

Differing from past shipments is the fact that Peter has agreed to allow us to maintain them in stock here in South Carolina, minimizing the waiting time for some buyers. I have also been in contact with Fastenal, and they have updated their shipping to include a much wider area that includes all of the states East of the Mississippi and all but two or three of the Western states depending on the time of the year and their in-house shipping demands. Their very low shipping costs makes these wheeling machines available for less money than having to drive more than 2-3 hours to pick a wheeling machine up. The appropriate size of Peters machines makes them fit a standard shipping pallet further minimizing shipping costs.

An arrangement with Bill Trombley is going to result in a line of accessories for the use on Peter's wheeling machines. The cantilevered design of Peter's upper wheel coupled with the ability to adjust the upper wheel support shaft opens up a significant opportunity to make tipping and edge contours opportunities. Bill has already designed an option similar to Peters that allows for the installation of a planishing hammer, and I have seen a large assortment of accessories that Bill has made for his own use after discovering what he feels is the advantages of the cast wheeling machine. Development is under way, and prototypes are being built for a 6" x 6" lower anvil on the advice from Cass Nawrocki , and I am making some SolidWorks drawings to develop some standard 3" x 3" lower anvils (both full radius and flats) that will incorporate roller or needle bearings to extend the anvils useful life when being used on the higher strength materials in this more rigid environment, with special attention to the transitional radii, each idea based on trusted input and advice from Kent White.

I have recently gained access to the newest version of SolidWorks 18 and the updated version of Cosmos for use in FEA testing. It is my intent to acquire Peters 3D development model of his cast machine and make numerous 3D model drawings of various designs of fabricated machines in an attempt to actually put some numbers to my curiosity regarding the effects that grain structure has on parallel cross sections of rectangular tubing, and the possible effect that it has on lozenging. As I look more and more into discussions regarding use of either type of wheeling machine, my attention has been zeroing in on how each designs maintains both vertical and horizontal alignment between the upper wheel and the anvil. I was surprised by how little of a horizontal movement can open the gap between the wheels. Misalignment of as little as .010" can lose approximately 25% of the pressure if using .040" material.

If there are those of you with any interest in acquiring a wheeling machine from Peter, PM me or look at this link to a page on my website for additional details. An update to the Fastenal shipping areas will be provided as soon as I can arrange it from Fastenal.

http://www.mantiquesresto.com/Restor...siniWheel.html

Last edited by RockHillWill; 07-23-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:20 PM

I just received a notice from Peter that the 6th shipment has been picked up almost ten days ago and is on it's way to the US. Some have been sold, but there are at least two available. Feel free to contact me if you have an interest in this most recent shipment. For those folks that have already maid contact with me, now is the time to pursue your acquisition. Either PM me or email me at wildcad@comporium.net

As before, re-crating and shipping within the US by Fastenal is still available and I am expecting an updated delivery area map at any time.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

[Quote]..................................
Bill has already designed an option similar to Peters that allows for the installation of a planishing hammer,

knowing Bill and the professional way that he thinks and works, I am sure that he would have made a perfect plenishing hammer set up
.. But if anybody is interested in seeing my set up and all the dies that I have made for it.... I could post a picture here on the forum,and very soon there is going to be a short video on you tube....... for more details of the wheeling machine and plenishing hammer in one ....visit my web site www.handbuilt.net.au (under machine tools )
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM

Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 07-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:26 AM

The shipment #6 is on it's way!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:27 AM

Default Here is an updated shipping availability map

Here is a photo of the updated shipping availability map from Fastenal. The states in white will provide a short delivery time. The states in yellow are available for shipment but may experience a few days delay as those are heavily trafficked areas for some reason. Shipping is not currently available to those states in red.

There are still two machines available in this current shipment.

Detailed info on investing in one of Peters wheeling machines can be seen here:

Palletizing and wheeling machine accessories are available at this time as well.

Availability Map 7.1.jpg
Old 07-23-2018, 12:31 PM

The availability of Fastenal shipping makes the whole process painless.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:27 AM

I have been in touch with the shipping company and this most recent shipment of Peter's wheeling machine has landed in the US and is being sent to Atlanta for delivery to Rock Hill in the next few weeks. Unlike past shipments, I have persuaded Peter to send some extra wheeling machines so that subsequent buyers would not have to wait thru the entire shipping schedule to make their purchase. They will be stored here in Rock Hill in an air conditioned facility for display along with a 'test' machine to make comparisons to some fabricated wheels.

For those of you that have a wheeling machine in this order, and want to acquire any of the accessories available for the Tommasini wheeling machines or make a purchase of one of the remaining machines, PM me, email me at: wildcad@comporium.net or review ordering info from this link:

I will need a little notice to get more mounting plates cut at the water jet place, but they can be shipped in the pallet box at the time of shipping from Rock Hill at no additional charge.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 PM

The 6th shipment of Peter's wheeling machines had arrived at Jimmy Matthews shop. I will be going down to uncrate them and start on the palletizing of those that are to be re-shipped.

For those of you that have made a deposit, the balance is due at time of shipping or picking up. For those that are going to ask me to palletize your wheeling machine make sure that I have the zip code of the nearest Fastenal store location, and I will get a shipping quote from Fastenal. I submitted one already today.

I am happy that Peter has agreed to send one or two wheeling machines with each shipment prior to receiving an order so that those folks that might not want to wait for the 6-8 week shipping schedule can come here to Rock Hill and pick them up. There is at least one still available at this time. (one is 'iffy' at the moment).

I am currently out of the rubber tire assemblies, and only have one top mounting plate available. If anyone has an interest in either of those, please give me some advance notice.

PM me or email me at: wildcad@comporium.net

There will be several of Peters wheeling machine available for testing at Oblong this year.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 09-05-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:50 AM

All but one of those orders this 6th shipment has been palletized and delivered to Fastenal. One is awaiting pickup by another carrier.

There is still one (maybe two?) available for sale here in the US. I am making the preparations to bring two or more of Peter's wheeling machines to Oblong. If anyone wishes to invest in one of Peter's machines I will bring it with me and you can save on the shipping.

We will be demonstrating the new planishing hammer update to Peter's wheeling machine. I currently have the drilling fixture and I will be making those modifications to mine, Jim Hery's, Jimmy Matthews, Eric Moore's and maybe two other machines, hopefully before I leave for Oblong. If you will bring your Tommasini machine to Oblong, I will make those modifications for you as well.

PeterPallets 004.jpg

PeterPallets 006.jpg

PeterPallets 007.jpg

I have one set of this adaptation in an as yet unopened box that I believe will be for sale after the demonstrations in Oblong. Peter has not finalized the price for the 'set' of components at this time. Perhaps he can chip in here.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:18 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
All but one of those orders this 6th shipment has been palletized and delivered to Fastenal. One is awaiting pickup by another carrier.

There is still one (maybe two?) available for sale here in the US. I am making the preparations to bring two or more of Peter's wheeling machines to Oblong. If anyone wishes to invest in one of Peter's machines I will bring it with me and you can save on the shipping.

We will be demonstrating the new planishing hammer update to Peter's wheeling machine. I currently have the drilling fixture and I will be making those modifications to mine, Jim Hery's, Jimmy Matthews, Eric Moore's and maybe two other machines, hopefully before I leave for Oblong. If you will bring your Tommasini machine to Oblong, I will make those modifications for you as well.

Attachment 48907

Attachment 48908

Attachment 48909

I have one set of this adaptation in an as yet unopened box that I believe will be for sale after the demonstrations in Oblong. Peter has not finalized the price for the 'set' of components at this time. Perhaps he can chip in here.
Will
After the demo at Oblong if someone is interested on the handbuilt plenishing hammer set up ... I could work out a price for them.
Having said that ....You can keep the (USB instructions), 2 jigs, reamer and drills, and perhaps send it trough out the US (if you like) if someone need it to adapt there casting . All they would need to do is pay for your shipping cost, and then send it back to you .
If not.. I could send another jig set anywhere in the US (free of charge) except the shipping cost.
.................................................. .................................................. ....
As far as the cost of further handbuilt plenishing hammer set up to the US ,.........how many pieces, or what is a standard set.... etc, please contact Will or my self.
My email address is
tommasini@handbuilt.net.au

A video demo of the handbuilt plenishing hammer and how it works etc..... will be loaded on you tube soon look out for it

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM

Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 09-29-2018 at 08:34 PM.