All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Default Nub from Finland

Hello all!
Iam new in forum, and my english is not very good.
Hope I am doing that introduction now...

Well, I have scratchbuilt motorcycles now over 20 years, making my own cromemolyframes, own sheetmetal tanks and fenders etc(and even getting prices in international bikeshows with my last chopper) but some years ago I REALLY started going deeper in metal shaping, and right now I am doing Ford -34 3-window coupe body from scratch. It will be traditional Bonneville style, with old ford parts,( like axles and spindles and drum brakes, hopped up flathead motor) .
Allready done cowl and rear quarter panels,Panel belowe decklid... got a lot of tips from guy who has studied with Lazze.

Most off the time has went doing my own tools(I made deep beadrollermachine with footpedal and variable speed, deepthroat shrinker(like JS-tools or Baileight) and just finished my new(stronger body) english wheel.
More I have learn, more getting hungry, and now my interest has went to more italian auto desing from 50" and 60"(like Pininfarina Maseratis and Ferraris), but i think that -34 project will take next few years to get finnish.

Biggest reason to log in this forum is I hope I can see projects of other(and more advanced) shapers, specially if someone has done old ferrari/maserati replicas/repair.

I will try to post someday pictures of my own ford project, but I am quite bad with computer and need help of my friends to add pictures...
Old 03-12-2015, 03:17 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2015

Hi , Markus

Warm ,welcome, to the site, from another Finn.You will, find the solutions you seek, from here.Here is so skilled guys, they can help you..Your backgroung is like many of us here, building tools , takes time, but rewards after ..

Wow, you really have a interesting project!! ..Dont worry about english or computers, you are not alone,

--------- JJ ----------
Old 03-12-2015, 05:04 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Hi Markus welcome to the forum
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM