All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Default Multi Purpose Tool Station

Sounds grand eh?

Space always being at a premium I was thinking where to mount a variety of tools. Had a frame that my guillotine came on which was way to big for the guillotine alone. Also when a big ash tree fell in our garden I got the tree surgeon to cut me a big lump off the trunk.

So, mounted some castors on the frame, slotted the trunk to fit in one end, scalloped the top to make me a shrinking stump, guillotine will go on the other end, and then making a post for my shrinker and stretcher to go in the middle.

Stump still needs finishing but roughly scallop'd out - it was very well seasoned and rock hard so ended up sharpening one of the chisels from my air hammer/chisel and used that to dig it out

The shrinker/stretcher are offset back to back so can use either side and is set just higher than the stump so bigger bits of metal will fit in.

Also making the post the shrinker/stretcher is on removable, so I can slide wider bits of metal into the jaws of the guillotine, and the post will act as a support as well

Now, whether it all works out as planned, we will have to wait and see but it looks good mocked up

Cheers,

MM

Currently restoring:
'49 Dodge Business Coupe
'86 Chevy Blazer
'76 VW Bay Window Camper
'89 VW Vanagon

I have too many projects!
Old 12-13-2015, 01:32 PM

Got round to finishing this off today. Got the bar mounted to lock the stump in, bolted down the mounting post for the shrinker/stretcher and then mounted those as well.

Then got the stump smoothed out with my finger sander which was about the only thing that would get in and sand it down.

Now ready for use and nice and mobile

Paul.

Currently restoring:
'49 Dodge Business Coupe
'86 Chevy Blazer
'76 VW Bay Window Camper
'89 VW Vanagon

I have too many projects!