All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Default HF clearance

I stopped by Harbor Freight today to get some more visegrip type welding clamps. They often have the 11" "on sale" at $4.99 and today they were indeed listed at $4.99/each. In reality that never was a sale because there has always been a box with two of the same clamps on the shelf below priced at $9.99. Today I find the box of two with the yellow "clearance" tag for $5.27. So you get the second clamp for twenty eight cents. I snagged the five boxes that they had and noticed that the boxes with two 6" clamps were on clearance at $2.97. I got eight of those. I left a few.
My guess is that this will be the end of the double packages and they are getting them off of the shelves. You might want to check at your local store to see if this is a nationwide trend. I have found the clamps to be pretty decent.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Default Air chuck connectors

I was in town today and hit the local HF store. While looking for the sale items I needed, I came upon the air fittings with the yellow clearance tags on them. Now I always seem to have one less air fitting than the number of air tools that I have. And I do have a lot of air tools. So it always means robbing a fitting out of another air tool. So that I can use the one that I need now. When I saw $.27 marked on them, I quickly gathered up 15 of them and put them in my cart.
I don't know whether this sale is just this one local store or nationwide. I know that they certainly aren't discontinuing air fittings. After all they do sell a lot of air tools.
Anyway, if you are in your local store and suffer from the same missing fitting syndrome that I have suffered with, take a cruise down the fitting aisle and check it out. Carey

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Carey, sounds like you need to buy 16 more air tools.

Well done is better than well said. -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM

Default more air tools

Bill: It does seem to work out that way. Sort of like buying hose clamps. I always buy them by the box but never seem to have one when I need it. I have a theory that the box dissolves hose clamps. Maybe the same thing with fittings. Vaporized by air. Actually I did buy another air tool today. I should be good on fittings for a few weeks anyway.

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 PM

The air fittings were on sale here in CA last week too. I bought four 4 packs of fittings and a two pack of quick connects. $0.27 and $0.77 respectively if I remember correctly.
Nice!