All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Man, it is killing me that I can't be there. Somebody take plenty of photos. I am surely going to miss seeing the many friends that I have made through the years. Perhaps Will can tell you the news that prevents my attendance. I have a lot to deal with right now. Carey

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com
Old 04-04-2018, 12:43 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Good afternoon, Carey. We all miss you and are saddened by your loss. Rest assured that we are thinking of you daily. You have left many indelible footprints that we would be wise to follow in. Call more often if you would like.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:53 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Discussion took place of the lightweight body that now rests on the speedster frame, with concern of the rear end getting loose. This air deflector should resolve the issue.

IMG_2331.jpg

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Imaging that! An Old School NASCAR engineering type being mindful of Down force and aerodynamics! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Gando
David Gandy
Concord, NC
Old 04-06-2018, 05:37 AM

News for Robert ( a Yankee) - that is actually the FRONT spoiler. You have so much to learn about being a Redneck!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:50 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 04-06-2018, 06:38 AM

Sorry about getting these pictures posted so late. It's going to be a busy week that includes our 'special guest' - Kent White , 'the Tinman' from TM Technologies in California. Kent has inundated us with more knowledge than some of us can absorb in one settings, and his readily apparent unending attention to details related to metal shaping have left each of us with a huge appreciation for his willingness to share that knowledge and answer any questions that we have had. Yesterday, Kent shared some video footage of flow forming, and demonstrated technics for annealing metals, dent removal, silver soldering/brazing. He overnighted his newest updates to his amazing powered planishing hammer, and spent a great deal of time sharing input on how to both stretch and shrink on this machine. I for one have started dialog regarding the ownership of one of the new updated machines. It was VERY impressive.

We moved the Humvee down to the pond, not only to make more room in the shop, but to emphasize the importance of the NO FISHING sign.
More work is being done on the speedster, and many attendees are providing much needed help with the meet, machinery updates, new dollies and tooling. I LOVE these meets! Jimmy Matthews, with the help of Mike Yurko, provided the lunch meal. Sue Yurko and Steve Hamilton's mom provided an abundance of cookies and brownies.

MM5-Thu 004.jpg

MM5-Thu 005.jpg

MM5-Thu 007.jpg

MM5-Thu 008.jpg

MM5-Thu 009.jpg

MM5-Thu 011.jpg

MM5-Thu 014.jpg

MM5-Thu 015.jpg

MM5-Thu 017.jpg

MM5-Thu 018.jpg

MM5-Thu 019.jpg

MM5-Thu 020.jpg

MM5-Thu 021.jpg

MM5-Thu 022.jpg

MM5-Thu 023.jpg

MM5-Thu 024.jpg

MM5-Thu 025.jpg

RR5-Wed 001.jpg

RR5-Wed 004.jpg

RR5-Wed 033.jpg

RR5-Wed 042.jpg
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

I see a few familiar faces there , Men ...How I would like to be there! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun ..... I am stuck here working that is not fair!!
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 04-06-2018, 09:03 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

I really wish I could have made it to this gathering of friendly talented folks. Maybe next year.

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:33 AM

Friday was a great day. Once more, Kent White shared many valuable tricks on gas welding and was very detailed in explaining gas welding flux history and his current state of the art offering. Using his flux resulted in readily apparent improvement in not only application advantages but in actual visual results in the appearance of the weld itself. He spent a lot of time showing the development of the various torches, while showing that while gas welding can be done with most any torch, the Meco torch was the most operator friendly, and the small stature of the tool had many advantages as well. It has been my experience that a 'newby most often finds Peters wheeling machine easier to learn to use, Kents Meco torch affords a shorter path to useable and visually attractive gas welds. The depth of Kents knowledge and details is exceeded only by his ability to produce quality work as well. We were most interested in the amount of research and development involved in his patented aluminum gas lense. After seeing what is involved in what his lense offers in long term eye protection, it make little sense to use anything else. Without sounding like an advertisement, take the time to visit his website and see the array of both talent and equipment that he has to offer.

Click here: https://www.tinmantech.com/

Once again we were provided with many outstanding door prizes, not only by a large number of attendees but some very well known metal shaping supply companies were gracious as well. We had great offerings by Peter Tommasini, Dagger Tools, Gulley Performance, and Tin Man Techs Kent White. He offered large array of gas welding videos, the newly developed gas welding flux, the smaller, more flexible hoses, flash back arrestors, plastic handled flux applicators, plastic flux cups and more. Thanks Kent!

Bill Trombley helped on some welding on both the speedster and the Humvee, teaching me a few aircraft rivet technics. Robert McCartney did an extraordinary amount of very nice TIG welding for me and other attendees including a cooking pot lid for the events cook, my friend Jimmy Matthews. Bob Kolenda shared more time on the speedster. Kent was instrumental in sharing details that I might include in future project like this.

Steve Hamilton provided a seminar displaying a very wide range of tooling for the Pulmax that he has developed over his many years in using that machine. He had a huge display of dies and die holders that that he has made and gave instructions on both detailed and inexpensive approaches to making them. Very nice seminar! Mike Rouse provided a detailed look into the age old guidelines for generating pleasant and appealing visual appearances by explaining the details regarding the Golden Ratio, and used his home made 'multi-fork' to explain how it applies to almost any shape or contour that has an appealing visual aspect to it. Mike was gracious enough to present me with one of his 'multi-fork's painted gold and signed it for me as well. Man, have I got some great friends! Mallory Kolenda spent the day making for of here aquatic renderings in steel in preparation for here seminar on Saturday. Kent will be sharing pictures and stories regarding his involvement building and in rebuilding a 'duplicate' of the famed Howard Hughes H1 racing airplane that set several speed and distance records and was the last privately built aircraft to se world records. I can't wait, as I have long been interested in that plane.

A terrific lunch of barbecued chicken was cooked by Jimmy Matthews with the help of Mike Yurko. Both of these gentlemen have contributed to the Redneck Roundup both during and before the event. Thanks guys!

It is my intention to thank all that are in attendance and to share the work done by all that I can, but I often get busy or distracted, and If I overlook anyone, it is not my intention. I will be posting more pictures and I invite any other attendees to do so as well. There was MUCH going on.

The tool exchange grows each year, and this year there were (14) contributors, thirteen of which are in the picture. There are some VERY gifted and creative folks here!

RR5-Fri 002.jpg

RR5-Fri 004.jpg

RR5-Fri 006.jpg

RR5-Fri 007.jpg

RR5-Fri 009.jpg

RR5-Fri 010.jpg

RR5-Fri 011.jpg

RR5-Fri 012.jpg

RR5-Fri 014.jpg

RR5-Fri 015.jpg

RR5-Fri 017.jpg

RR5-Fri 022.jpg

RR5-Fri 024.jpg

RR5-Fri 025.jpg

RR5-Fri 027.jpg

RR5-Fri 028.jpg

RR5-Fri 029.jpg

RR5-Fri 031.jpg

RR5-Fri 035.jpg

RR5-Fri 038.jpg

RR5-Fri 041.jpg

RR5-Fri 042.jpg

RR5-Fri 044.jpg

RR5-Fri 047.jpg

RR5-Fri 049.jpg

RR5-Fri 051.jpg

RR5-Fri 054.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-08-2018 at 05:39 AM.