All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Comments and Suggestions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Administrator

As much as I hate to do it, looks like I have to download the other browsers and see if I can figure out what is going on. I hate installing multiple browsers....always results in multiple problems!

I'll see what I can find out.

Tim D.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 AM
kustomrod

OK, not sure what you guys did but I can now see them.

I had to log back in as the auto login for my user name had been canceled. You know the remember me box when you login.

If it does it again should I log out and log back in? Or have you fixed it another way?

Cheers
Ben
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Have to wait and see what the others say...I did some tweaking to the settings in hopes that it might help the other browsers.

I can still see everything just fine with XP Pro and IE6 and IE7 (home and work, respectively)

Tim D.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoty View Post
Have to wait and see what the others say...I did some tweaking to the settings in hopes that it might help the other browsers...
Hi Tim, Got a weird call from Gator today. He's using IE8 and Vista. Photos that he used to be able see now show as red Xs. Weirdest part is that on a given post only SOME of the posts don't show. For instance, he and I walked through some of Dan's posts in the COE thread. For a given post, some would show and some not. These were early posts where Dan was doing attachments and we were installing them via edits so we could see the photo list. I asked Gator to click on one of the images that he could not see and all he saw was gibberish.

Then back on the Recip machine thread, he could not see any of Johnnys recent posts and some of the early photos were missing. We focused in on one that John Brown (Boogiemanz) made back in April 19th of his eccentric. He sees a red X but I had him go to the OLD site, find the same post and the photo DOES shows up.

I went to the wife's new computer and looked around and everything looks fine from here even as a guest. And on the wifes computer I had never been on the site before and everything had to load from scratch so there was no cache involved.

Whatever you changed, can you change it back and see if Gators problem problem goes away. That should give us some interesting information on what the problem is and the magnitude of it.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 AM

Just to add to this. I lost all of johnnys pics. They are red x. Everything was there sunday but gone now. I also lost some of tim, joes and kerrys pics on the reciprocating thread. These were after the move. i can see some pics bu others are red x. I assume that these posters are posting the same way each time in a thread so something sounds weird. I reboted my computer and still the same. Gator

Rick
Old 06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
MetalShaper of the Month February 2021

Default pics

Kerry,
MM I see pics fine . Mozilla on this site not at all.
Stan................
Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM

Monday eve at 8:30 pm. All the posts that had red x this morning now are visable. No changes here. I have all of johnnys pics in the reciprocating thread back. Dont know what anyone done or did not do...Gator

Rick
Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator View Post
Monday eve at 8:30 pm. All the posts that had red x this morning now are visable. No changes here. I have all of johnnys pics in the reciprocating thread back. Dont know what anyone done or did not do...Gator

That was me. Made some changes early this morning, changed it back in the evening. Now we'll have to see if kustomrod can still see the pics.

Tim D.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 AM
kustomrod

Thanks for taking the time Tim. I have just checked back through this thread and can still see all the pictures. All seems to be working, thanks for your help.

Cheers
Ben
Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM

im using Firefox.. and i cant see pics...
not all pics.. just some in one thread, and none in others...
same on MM...
i usually have to right click and click the "view pic" then i have to re-log in .. then it shows the pic only , so i have to hit the back button several times.. back to the page, and reload it , then it might show pics...

hope that wasnt too confusing...