All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Yeah, the best times were when Herb had the ice cream store..... I think we went twice a day.

Bob
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Ice cream store? Ya got to be kiddin! I've been there every year and miss the Ice cream store? Sheeze now ya tell me.
Thanks Bob, now I'm Bummed out
Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

I doubt that this thread has changed many peoples minds. But the facts are pretty clear.

- MetalMeet lost over half the total content due to administrative mistakes. You decide who you want to believe.

- MetalMeet admins reformatted and redesigned the form and function of the site with no concern for the members or the BOD. Not much doubt there but no one that questioned it ever got an answer.

- MetalMeet admins read PMs (See Tucks post where the email from Strever is quoted)

- MetalMeet admins transferred ownership of the domain (gave or sold) to Randy Ferguson without the knowledge or approval of the BOD who ARE the rightful owners. (see my previous posts where the BOD PMs are quoted with Wrays remarks.)

- Current Junta has redefined who owns posters content in spite of long running understanding of the meaning of the intellectual property statement. They will not allow Tuck and I access to remove content or edit signatures.

- Current Junta removed PM capability with no notice so people could save their information.

Personally I cannot get past how Randy came into possession of the domain and simply cannot support it. If the BOD had actually had a choice in the matter it would be a different thing.

So it is what it is. You can like it or hate it. Unfortunately this series of events will be have a polarizing effect on the community and I realize that my actions in calling out some of the issues have contributed to that. However if history has taught us anything it is that bad things happen when good people do nothing.

I respect those folks who have differing views from mine. You might notice that WE did not moderate or ban anyone for their comments or questions and deleted no posts.

So this thread is now closed. Those of us that have issues will pursue them in other venues and hopefully we can focus on actual sheet metal shaping.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Re-opening this thread for a good news update.

The Junta at MetalMeet has decided to accept my compromise offer and have changed my signature to:

"Kerry Pinkerton no longer supports MetalMeet"

That is almost good enough. I had asked for it to say:

"Kerry Pinkerton no longer supports MetalMeet.com"

I've sent a request asking for the rest of my compromise offer.

The '.com' is important because I'm still very upset with the hijacking of the web site. I am still a believer in the founding principles of the MetalMeet community and cannot condone or support how this series of events transpired. To be perfectly honest, those founding MetalMeet principles are our principles here at AllMetalShaping.com'.

(Edit later in the day. The '.com' was added. )

Another persons request that their implied endorsement via some photos be removed was also granted.

At any rate, I will now leave their site alone with my 2000 odd posts intact. I'm still extremely disappointed in how this all came to pass but I believe what goes around...comes around.

And just to set Terry Thorne, Randy, Dick Bear, and Larry's minds at ease, I will not inflict myself on possible future Oblong events.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:32 PM

so you opened it back up so it can start again ??

i`m glad you left your posts, not glad you you won`t be at oblong.

please close this thread back up.

user434_pic51626_1235336681.jpg

gary

Last edited by jhnarial; 04-08-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Administrator

No, I opened it back up so I could announce that the Junta did the right thing for this one case.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM

Default One Final Word......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hawkins
Apology

To: Jack McGee, JDM Designs and the Membership of MetalMeet.com.

The B/O/D of MetalMeet.com INC approved of moving and updating the website and upgrades for the benefit of the membership.

MetalMeet.com Inc. was formed as a Not for Profit Organization to "Share Information and Sharpen Skills" around the world.

A lack of communication and misunderstandings developed between Jack, JDM Designs, the B/O/D of MetalMeet.com INC. , MetalMeet Members.

We sincerely apologize for the loss of data that all members contributed, to Jack McGee, JDN Designs, and those that have devoted their time to the website.

We all thought we were going to be making the site better. Our plans failed. We are human.

A "he said - - she said" discussion/debate on this subject will get us nowhere in a solution to the issue.

And we thank you for your patience and understanding as we move forward to focus on "Sharing Information and Sharpening Skills"

MetalMeet.com INC Board of Directors

I tried to post this on Metalmeet, but I am being Pre-moderated, so it apparently wasn’t allowed, although in this case I’m not sure why.

I want to acknowledge the Metalmeet.com Inc Board of Directors for making the effort to put this unfortunate series of events behind them, so that they can move on to “Sharing Information and Sharpening Skills”, whatever that entails.

I also want to acknowledge and thank Randy (Metalmeet.com) for granting my request to permanently change my Signature Line to reflect that I no longer support Metalmeet.com, in any posts that remain on the site. A reasonable compromise all things considered.

Although I have no idea what the ongoing relationship, if any, between the two entities will be, I know that I cannot support either. I wish the Board of Directors of Metalmeet.com Inc, every success in their efforts promoting the Oblong Event, and will always support the concept of the both International and Regional Metalshaping events.

That said, I am happy to leave the “rest of the story” up to my friends and adversaries alike, to do with what you wish.

Tuck
Closed Thread