All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Individual Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-27-2018, 08:31 PM
MetalShaper of the month 07-12

Default Pedal Car Buck give away

Been re-arranging my shop, getting rid of stuff I don't use anymore. Some being sold, some given away and some ending up in the trash. And I'm liking the direction things are going. On the give away front, I decided to see if anyone could use the buck I built 9 years ago so I could build my grandson's pedal car. I hate to just toss it as it's completely usable. I shaped the entire body on the buck and pressed in the window details with the extra press plates I made.

I got no intention of building another body off of it so it needs to move on out of the shop. It's good for a small project, just for practice or just for display. It's in my shop near Wichita, Ks. Contact me if interested.

Pedal Car Buck 1.jpg Pedal Car Buck 2.jpg

Pedal Car Buck 3.jpg Pedal Car Front 3-4.jpg
Old 08-03-2018, 04:26 PM

I dunno Bob, that looks like a thing of beauty that you should keep for the family. A little varnish and hang it up, a long time from now a little kid could be sitting in the lovingly restored car and his dad could point up at the wall and say 'and there's the pattern your GreatGranddaddy built it from...'
Old 08-04-2018, 02:30 PM

That's funny. But you know, I've been sorting out where to hang it in my shop. I'm not throwing it away I know that. My shop is undergoing a transformation now with over 3/4's of the stuff moving. A chain reaction due to two rather large pieces moving to someone else's shop. That's one piece that has to move as where it had been residing is now gone. I'd still give it away though, just never thought there would be much interest but worth a shot.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:44 PM

Bob,m do you still have it, I would be interested. Please feel free to email me directly. aobrien83@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Bob You should make it a traveling buck always passed forward signed and dated time limited
Old 12-06-2018, 12:56 AM

Aaron, see my email to you tonight.

Hi Ken,

Oh, the buck is willing to travel, I'm just not headed anyplace soon that seems to be doing any metal shaping. I have a friend or two that plays with metal shaping, but they have no need for it as their kids are nearing adulthood and are quite a few years from grandkids of their own with them still being in school.

I think it's a great idea, and actually building a body of off it isn't that hard. Hardest part being the windshield and nose area. I can't recall now time wise what it took me to do just the body, but it went quickly. And I'm not a metal shaper by any stretch.

But it's still available, just can't bring myself to toss it out. It's one of 3 similar pieces I'm struggling with, the other two being bent wood lamination molds I made over 30 years ago. I did destroy one set of bent wood molds a few months back though and that was tough to do. It was used for the making of a walnut rocking chair celebrating the birth of my grandson, same grandson I built the pedal car for a few years later. I also destroyed a buck I used back in 2007 or so for a piece on a custom car I worked on. That one was pretty easy to destroy as I didn't have that much labor in it and my heart wasn't into the piece I made off of it. It was just a money thing.

Truth be know, the original pedal car is still in my shop as well. My now 11 year old grandson had an offer to sell it to a guy this past summer and he declined it. He decided he wants to keep it and someday take it home when they have the room for it.

I actually have a few more bucks for a project me and some local guys were messing with back in 05 or 06. I moved them into a trailer earlier this year when I was removing the paint booth in my shop. They are for a kids push thing, maybe called a speedy racer. The guys never finished the pieces and I scrapped those pieces out a few months back, but the bucks are still in the trailer. They need a new home or need gone some time too. No emotional attachment to them on my part though, just some labor in them.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:29 AM

Default buck

I'm no metal shaper but could tell you from many life experiences not to throw it away. i've sold more machines, threw out tools and realized it was a big mistake. hang it up, throw in attic, let a buddy store it but you never know if in the future a family member gets older and want to learn the craft. if you ship, ship fastenall and maybe a member could use it for one of the meets as a group build project. Ive been to a couple of Dutchs meets and they are definitely the place for projects like this
my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

Hi Ken,

Oh, the buck is willing to travel, I'm just not headed anyplace soon that seems to be doing any metal shaping. I have a friend or two that plays with metal shaping, but they have no need for it as their kids are nearing adulthood and are quite a few years from grandkids of their own with them still being in school.

I think it's a great idea, and actually building a body of off it isn't that hard. Hardest part being the windshield and nose area. I can't recall now time wise what it took me to do just the body, but it went quickly. And I'm not a metal shaper by any stretch.

But it's still available, just can't bring myself to toss it out. It's one of 3 similar pieces I'm struggling with, the other two being bent wood lamination molds I made over 30 years ago. I did destroy one set of bent wood molds a few months back though and that was tough to do. It was used for the making of a walnut rocking chair celebrating the birth of my grandson, same grandson I built the pedal car for a few years later. I also destroyed a buck I used back in 2007 or so for a piece on a custom car I worked on. That one was pretty easy to destroy as I didn't have that much labor in it and my heart wasn't into the piece I made off of it. It was just a money thing.

Truth be know, the original pedal car is still in my shop as well. My now 11 year old grandson had an offer to sell it to a guy this past summer and he declined it. He decided he wants to keep it and someday take it home when they have the room for it.

I actually have a few more bucks for a project me and some local guys were messing with back in 05 or 06. I moved them into a trailer earlier this year when I was removing the paint booth in my shop. They are for a kids push thing, maybe called a speedy racer. The guys never finished the pieces and I scrapped those pieces out a few months back, but the bucks are still in the trailer. They need a new home or need gone some time too. No emotional attachment to them on my part though, just some labor in them.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:41 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Bob. I'm far from you. I want to make a tin pedal car for my grandchildren. I intentionally do not want electric drive. Could you make a simple dimensional chassis scheme? Width, axle distance, pedal lever length, eccentric stroke driven axis. I do not want a chain. I need to produce a tested chassis for light pedaling.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:13 PM

Bob, just got to your email, and I replied. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

Hi Ken,

Old 12-27-2018, 09:41 PM

Do you still have the buck?