All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the input! I wouldn't expect any inexpensive CAD model to be very exact, but it's cool they exist and could still be useful to some extent.

I'm trying to keep my shop time focused on fabricating the rear suspension for my Studebaker PU custom. The whole intent of which it to move the rear wheels in so I can build the style of bed I want (which will be all scratch built).

But I'm impatient and easily distracted, so I have been itching to start building a hot rod body. My imagination is not my best ally
Old 07-17-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcglynn View Post
Thanks for the input! I wouldn't expect any inexpensive CAD model to be very exact, but it's cool they exist and could still be useful to some extent.

I'm trying to keep my shop time focused on fabricating the rear suspension for my Studebaker PU custom. The whole intent of which it to move the rear wheels in so I can build the style of bed I want (which will be all scratch built).

But I'm impatient and easily distracted, so I have been itching to start building a hot rod body. My imagination is not my best ally
Not to hijack your thread but I see your from Santa Cruz so am I! It's cool to see/meet other metal shapers from Santa Cruz also. Maybe we could get together and make some scrap metal. Lol
Old 07-17-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payupv8 View Post
Not to hijack your thread but I see your from Santa Cruz so am I! It's cool to see/meet other metal shapers from Santa Cruz also. Maybe we could get together and make some scrap metal. Lol
I'm game! I'm not quite to the point where I can start on my bed (still doing suspension fab). Maybe I'll get inspired and build a buck just for fun. That track nose would be a good project.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcglynn View Post
I'm game! I'm not quite to the point where I can start on my bed (still doing suspension fab). Maybe I'll get inspired and build a buck just for fun. That track nose would be a good project.
That would be awesome! That track nose looks like it would be super fun to make! Where abouts in Santa Cruz are you?