All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-22-2020, 02:31 PM

Default Introduction

I am a tool & die maker in the Chatsworth, CA area ( North Los Angeles County)

My company name is MBK Industries and I specialize in the design and manufacture of consumer market based plastic injection molds. I also assist manufacturing companies with prototype design and manufacture to prove out their product and machine design.

The reason I would like access to you website is twofold. First, having been involved in the metal working community for over 50 years I'm naturally interested in all the methods by which metal can be cut, shaped, formed, welded etc.. Second, I've been tasked by a customer to create some tooling for a Nibbler specifically some shrinking dies and have now become even more interested with the field of sheet metal fabrication.

If accepted into this forum, would someone please be so kind and instruct me as to what a "Tag" is and what it does. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Welcome to AllMetalShaping Steve. Interested in learning how injection molding can make tooling.

A tag is something you create to facilitate searching. instance, the original poster could have created a tag for 'Injection molding'. If someone searches for injection molding down the road that post will show up.

I've been here since the beginning and don't recall it ever being used.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:43 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBKSteve View Post
I am a tool & die maker in the Chatsworth, CA area ( North Los Angeles County)

The reason I would like access to you website is twofold. First, having been involved in the metal working community for over 50 years I'm naturally interested in all the methods by which metal can be cut, shaped, formed, welded etc.. Second, I've been tasked by a customer to create some tooling for a Nibbler specifically some shrinking dies and have now become even more interested with the field of sheet metal fabrication.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
Like you, I've been doing metalwork full-time for decades.
Re: nibbler shrink dies of plastic. ... I started making and selling shrink dies for Nibblers in 1994 (apparently we were the first in this specialized market, back when Pullmax machines were laying in fields, gathering dust in warehouses, and being given away for scrap.)
For shrinking soft metals, we machine them from hard impact-loving polymer. For hard metals we use steel as the die material.

Many others now make very similar dies like we have been making, and also sell them in the market like we do.

Always room for another maker of a whatzit in the tool biz.
Again, welcome to the forum.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:39 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Welcome to the forum, Steve.