All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default French Martinet power hammer

Someone posted this on a facebook page. I can't read French but here is the link. Looks like it is 2500 Euro.

http://www.kapaza.be/nl/gereedschap/...r-93030542.htm
Old 02-20-2015, 04:28 PM

Default The hammer

Kerry, there was a youtube link in what you posted. It shows the hammer working - a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4aFF0Pnnog

At the beginning of this video, you can see the hammer in the back ground, and the dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0D5s2vO5Y

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.

Last edited by Overkill; 02-20-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM

I'll try to translate and maybe one of the Dutch guys here could jump in and correct me.
" French powerhammer for sale

Unique hammer for shaping and planishing from the aera 30th to the 50th
Including three dies"

I found a very interesting thread about an electro-pneumatic hammer like the one Kerry posted and a selfbuilt one out of a small bike motor.
Since i don't speak French at all i don't understand a single word, but the fotos are nice to see. http://anciennes-en-piste.winnerforu...age-de-tolerie
Old 02-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Default Any more info on this machine?

Thanks for the info on this machine. Have been wondering about it for some time. Sorry for the pic size, but we have to see it...... just paste it in.

The pic under will show a little different machine then "dengelbengel" ad-pic did.

It looks like the cyl that is coming down from the machine is a double or am I wrong about that!

"dengelbengel" machine is slightly different then this, but the main question is about the stroke length and diameter of piston. Or just the hole construction of the machine. Is there anybody that do know some more about it and can shim in with info on it please.

All the best
Ørvar Sigfusson
Old 02-24-2015, 04:08 PM

Actually ,

It's me ... I have it for sale.

What do you want to know about it?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:00 AM

Default All info is good info

Thanks "Jag2be" to shim in with some info.

I would like to see some drawings or pic from inside of the machine. Just to see the size and construction of it and of course to figure out some know how from that time about 1920 or so.

Is there any patent info on one or on both of those machines? Any books or info brochure that can be shown here, with some tech/construction info!
Do both of those machines have/use the same name? The name of the producers would be nice to have.

What's the difference between those hammers. The one you have do have two big steel wheel spinning on top of it, but the one I did have a pic of do just have one steel wheel spinning.
As I understand it, those hammers can be used to form and to planising, is it so? How heavy is the hammerhead?
How is the valve on the side of the cylinder working? Is it open just slightly when in use or closed, when controlling the hitting power?
How is the hammerhead moved upwards after down stroke, is it with a vacuum or with a spring inside of the cylinder!

Always a "new" question for every answered!

I think it's good for this time..... more will come later!!

All the best
Ørvar Sigfusson
Old 02-26-2015, 05:37 AM

Orvar,

If you look at these threads,it might already answer some of your questions!
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/pictu...ictureid=16436
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=12093

If not just tell me what you want to know.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:56 AM

Merci Nico

I did try to make some statement few minutes ago and everything got bust ... so I will try again.

I did in fact miss the other/older discussion about the Martinet machine.... sorry for that. some nice info there.... but not all.

As I can see from the info given, there is some nice info but not all. The machine is turning 325 - 375 revolution per minute and the moving hammer head is about 5 kg (11pound).
The hole machine is about 1 meter or 1 yard in total length (the head mechanism) and the weight is 100 kg or 220 pounds.
The cast wheel on each side are 300mm or 12 inch in diameter.

The old info paper on the Martinet did clame that the machine is controllable with hand or foot controller to control the air opening and the hitting power as I see it.

The recommend plate thickness is given as 2/10 to 50/10 of what? Is it some old European measurements for plate thickness or what and how does it work!!

The stroke length is missing as the diameter of the loose hammer head and the piston inside.

If we give us that the other machine in post nr: 4 is having the same size cast wheel as your machine then we can assume that the stroke is about 120 - 150mm ( 5-6 inch) in that machine.
Witch machine is older/newer and is there some bigger differences between those!! Where both made by same produser and therefore the same name........

The best of all is to have a picture of these machines from inside or some drawings or patent info. I did try to search for it but could not find it.... sorry. If someone have any info then please share......

All the best
Orvar
Old 03-03-2015, 05:20 AM

Here I translated this document to give you more info.

Also I don't know exact production dates as they where never casted in.
But Going back to catalogues I guesstimate that they where manufactured around the late 1920 until the 1950's.

Last edited by jag2be; 03-12-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:49 AM