All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2019, 03:16 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2020. October 2023

Default Re: 1/4 scale Steel "41 Willys

I found some nice shots on the Willys in Metalman Sweden's post. Can anyone clarify the difference in the edge treatment that Per compares to Italian cars? I'm not ready for the trunk lid yet, but with the frustration I'm having around the door jambs sometimes it helps to break away and the deck lid is something that could be done independent of the cab dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman sweden View Post
Hi there!
I done some more work on the lid for the Willys
The innerstructure is done and fits pretty good to get some to work against I did a simple buck right on the car....

here can you see how nice my "perfect rulers" show you the flow in shapes, perfect to judge the shape like in this case

here can you see the "buck stations" in place...

Now I will try to figure out why the guys who work with this cars make the skin for the lid in 3 or 4 pieces..? cant see the point with that more than the size to wheel.. any ideas here?? please let me know if I have over looked some trouble here

This lid have a little diffrent joint between the in /out side its not fold over like most skins...so the fit/gap of the inside must be pretty good, not much can be moved later like a ordinary edge who can be moved pretty easy..

This kind of joints is common on many Italian cars so I have played with it for pretty long time and sometimes...itīs hard to end up with a nice gap all around..

I will start with the skin tomorrow so come on now and give me your ideas how it should be made, one piece or splitted in several pieces???

// Per