All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Individual Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-19-2018, 10:37 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Default My vintage tools on eBay.

I have some more vintage auto body / coach building tools listed on eBay if you might be interested. All of these tools were aluminum oxide blasted before they were polished & painted, something I forgot to mention in the actual auctions. Here are the links.
A long streamline spoon. VINTAGE Auto Body Spoon. Pettingell power hammer. planishing hammer. Pexto
A Stanley door knob dolly. Rare STANLEY Vintage # 609 Dolly. Power Hammer. English Wheel. Coach Built. N.R.
2 Fairmount spoons. 2 FAIRMOUNT Auto Body Spoons. Collision tools. Power Hammer. Planishing Hammer.
A Stanley wheel house hammer. Vintage STANLEY Auto Body Hammer. Collision Shop. Power Hammer. English Wheel.
I have somehow managed to reach the age of 70 so I will work on getting rid of all hand tools & machinery that are in excess to my needs in the next few years. I will probably even auction off my white Pettingell power hammer next spring. Just less for my sister to worry about & take care of . ~ John Buchtenkirch

Last edited by John Buchtenkirch; 10-19-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Wheel house hammer. I have 4-5 of them with various shapes. I never knew the correct name.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Wheel house hammer. I have 4-5 of them with various shapes. I never knew the correct name.
Kerry, I really doubt that’s the factory’s correct name but that’s what a lot of body men here on Long Island refer to that style hammer as. I can tell you for sure that (the rear wheel houses) is where it gets used the most on modern cars. It’s used while sitting on a milk crate, tire dismounted, pounding out the wheel house out towards you. So yes…….. you are mostly working blind with that hammer, only observing the metal being roughed out towards you. Granted there are other uses such as rounding out the corners on sunken foot-wells but the rear wheelhouses would be where it gets used the most on modern cars in a collision shop . ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 10-21-2018, 10:35 PM

John, Do you still have the orig lower arm for the Pettingell?
Old 10-26-2018, 12:44 PM

I listed a few more auto body / coach building tools on eBay last night if you might be interested.
First is a Stanley / Bosch Unishear. These were built to last a lifetime and will cut thru 18 gauge body metal like it’s butter. I’ve used my own unishear for over 30 years with zero troubles. STANLEY / BOSCH UNISHEAR. Coach-works. Coach Built. Sheet Metal Shearing. Yoder
Second is a rare Herbrand dolly. RARE & vintage HERBRAND BF-52 Auto Body Dolly. English wheel. Planishing hammer
Third is 2 vintage dollies. 2 vintage & rare auto body dollies. Collision shops. Pettingell power hammer.
And finally 2 hammers. 2 AUTO BODY Hammers. Collision shop. Planishing hammer. Pettingell Power Hammer.
Thank you for taking a look & good luck if you might bid. ~ John Buchtenkirch