All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Thanks Will for the opportunity to attend a premier shaping meet.
Seminars, eats, door prizes, and comradery, all three days was terrific.

A must attend event for anyone that has not been before.

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Old 04-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Will hosted a great event. I had a great time, already looking forward to next year.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Will.....Thanks for a fantastic time. It was great to see old Friends and meet new ones too. Big thanks to Kent and everyone who took the time to put on fantastic presentations. Huge shout out to Jimmy for cooking up some great food. What an amazing group of talented metal men !
Old 04-09-2018, 05:12 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.murphy View Post
Great photos, wish I was there.
One question on the above photo, of the yellow grinder? Looks like a wood shrinking disc? Is this used on aluminum?
Thanks
Steve ,the wooden disc is used on aluminum .It does not gall or mark the panel.I will post some photos of it and some of the before and after shots of the panel.Bob
Old 04-09-2018, 08:27 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2016

Another great event Will! Many thanks to you and Peggy for allowing us to take over your shop for a few days, and to Jimmy Matthews and Mike Yurko for cooking our meals, even in the rain.

It is great seeing all the usual faces (or shall I say "suspects" ), as well as a few new ones each year. I think it is very telling of our little community, that we can not see each other for a year, yet pick up right where we left off the previous year. Even if we only met once at a previous event.

Bravo Zulu my friend.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:44 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

My first time to RR this year, and as I told Will and Jim, my biggest disappointment was with myself that I waited so long to attend. Will definitely has a first class operation going on. Thanks to all the various members and vendors that contribute to door prizes, tool exchange, and sharing of their knowledge with their fellow metalshapers. Thanks to Kent White for sharing his time with us, donation of door prizes, and a step back in time on the history of the H1. Thanks to Jimmy Matthews and Mike Yurko for ensuring we were all well fed, even when they were cooking in the rain. Nice to meet so many of you guys (and gals, Malory and Peggy) that for so long have been just a name on a screen, and now it seems as if we have long been old friends. Looking forward to next year!

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 04-10-2018, 05:31 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Things that you may have encountered while attending the Redneck Roundup.

A Redneck Bird bath
20180405_160550.jpg

A Jar of redneck donut seeds
20180405_160554.jpg

A Redneck Driving Instructor signaling a right hand turn.
20180405_173415.jpg

New to these parts was a Redneck Power Hammer
20180406_120033.jpg

One method to extend servings of Possum
RedneckPics 003.jpg

Some Rednecks have vivid dreams
RedneckPics 006.jpg

Rednecks are enthusiastic about going on tours.
RedneckPics 007.jpg

There were several of these Redneck Fire Detectors to protect the attendees.
RR4Fri 003.jpg

Rednecks using their TV trays outdoors.
RR4Sat 098.jpg

Redneck 'RED" scotchbright.
HumveeCargo 018.jpg

It's hard to convict a Redneck criminal. There are no dental records and all the DNA is the same.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 PM

Default Trim Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
I am expecting much talent and knowledge to be attending again this year and with good fortune, much more than we have ever had at one meet in the past. Keep your fingers crossed.

It looks like we are going to have a good supply of items for the swap meet that is for small/hand held size items that folks might have for sale, both new and pre-owned. Feel free to bring some of your items that you are willing to part with.

We are going to have some VERY special items at the tool exchange this year. Some have already arrived and I have heard of some very cool stuff that will show up. Again, these are hand built items that are about $30-$60 or so in value. We have had as many as 16 folks in the tool exchange previously, and I am expecting that many or more this year. The tool exchange will be held on Friday afternoon this year, rather than Saturday afternoon. Each entrant will receive a ticket that will be placed in a jar, and removed one at a time for that ticket holder to pick his/her choice of an item on the table.

I want to again emphasize that I only have one of Kent Whites aluminum gas welding lenses and if you are planning on doing much in the way of aluminum gas welding that you either bring or acquire one of those lenses. I think that if you ordered one of them, or any of Kent's items (by Monday MORNING), there is a very good chance they will arrive in time for the meet. I do know of at least two attendees that will have one of Kents' gas welding lenses.

We will have both of the large fabricated wheeling machines and two of Peters cast iron wheeling machines for all to use. There is also going to be one (maybe two) of Bens Mechammers and Jim Hery is bringing one of Kent Whites planishing power hammers. There will be the usual Mittler Brothers clone power hammer, two of the Carl Adams designed 'Shrinkpositive' reciprocating machine set up for linear stretching and two deep throat power shrinkers, the P7 and assorted welders, several stumps and post dollies. Everyone is welcome to use any of these tools, but please bring a relatively small project to work on as space is limited.

Below are some pics of a metal trim repair tool that I made based on a tool that I saw at the last Oblong meet. I did ask the gentleman (Rick ?/metal polisher) for permission to redesign and build some for sale and he was most gracious to accommodate my request. I made four of them, but only have two left. They will be on the swap meet table at the Roundup. They are $120. The bottom tip is interchangeable and the top is a slide hammer.

Attachment 46412

Attachment 46413

Attachment 46414

Attachment 46415
Will you have a few of these at Dan's meet in May?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Default Redneck Roundup #5

Thanks Will. You went all out with the speakers and food. Everything was great. I learned a lot from a group of really nice people.
Eddie Lawson
Rural Retreat, VA
Old 04-13-2018, 12:55 PM

I was fortunate enough to attend Patman's class for a couple of days before the Roundup, so I got to see firsthand a small portion of the work that Will and his friends put into making this a great event. Thanks again to everyone that had a part in making this a great time, and Thanks to Will for allowing us to share his little corner of the world, again.
Remarkable amount of knowledge and talent in one little place, all willing to share information and ideas.