All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Default Eckold Machines

Apex auctions has quite a few Eckold machines for sale.

https://www.apexauctions.co.uk/aucti...onDetails/2754

www.vintagecoachwork.co.uk
Old 03-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk76 View Post
Apex auctions has quite a few Eckold machines for sale.

https://www.apexauctions.co.uk/aucti...onDetails/2754
All sold privately by offer before auction end - I have a suspicion that Eckold Uk will now own these.

At a similar auction of a bankrupt aircraft repairer in the North of England a few years ago bidding on four nice eckolds of different sizes went way beyond my wallet content. I bought some other stuff and when I was collecting that I spoke to the guy who was collecting all the Eckold machines - he told me that they had all been bought by Ekold Uk for refurb and resell and they have a policy of doing this in the UK to protect their market place.

"I have not Failed - I've just found 10,000 ways that have not worked" - Thomas Edison
Old 03-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tomczyk View Post
All sold privately by offer before auction end - I have a suspicion that Eckold Uk will now own these.

At a similar auction of a bankrupt aircraft repairer in the North of England a few years ago bidding on four nice eckolds of different sizes went way beyond my wallet content. I bought some other stuff and when I was collecting that I spoke to the guy who was collecting all the Eckold machines - he told me that they had all been bought by Ekold Uk for refurb and resell and they have a policy of doing this in the UK to protect their market place.
Without a doubt, it’s their typical MO. They can afford to do it as well because there are so few private buyers that could afford to match the prices that Eckold are prepared to pay. The 665’s that you’re referring to in the last sale made between £16k and £18k each (plus buyers premium) from memory which wasn’t too bad for what they were. They will always be a difficult machine to obtain privately.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Fortunately for us in the US, Eckold does not, to my knowledge, have a buyback program targeted here. So Eckolds go for what they go for. I thought folks were nuts when Jesse James 420 with no tooling sold for 17K. I wrote it of to it being "HIS". Less than 5 years later, I paid a fair amount more for my 420 and thought I got a good deal. I expect today, Jesse's machine would fetch close to 30 with no tooling and someone would be glad to get it.

Unfortunately for us, there just aren't many Eckolds over here and it's rare when one becomes available, especially the smaller Piccolos.

I believe someone in Europe could make a fair amount of money buying them and shipping them to the US.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:05 PM

I wonder if there were any bids from the USA before the auction company pulled the Eckolds?

I was tempted to bid until I thought about the 16% buyers premium, the 20% tax on hammer price, the 20% tax on buyers premium, rigging/crating charges, overseas shipping charges, chance of damage in shipping and then the electrical conversion cost to USA spec after delivery.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:37 PM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
I wonder if there were any bids from the USA before the auction company pulled the Eckolds?

I was tempted to bid until I thought about the 16% buyers premium, the 20% tax on hammer price, the 20% tax on buyers premium, rigging/crating charges, overseas shipping charges, chance of damage in shipping and then the electrical conversion cost to USA spec after delivery.

You would get the 20% VAT returned once it shipped out of the UK. Just saying.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:01 PM

Dear all,
did you see this auction on EBAY Germany 252827049073? The eckold is on offer since month. The seller wrote very good condition, but without any tooling.
15200€ is too expensive for Germany without tooling. Since 15200€ are including 19% sales tax you will get the sales tax returned, if you ship out of Germany. May be it is intresting for somebody.
Andreas

Last edited by Leif62; 03-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:25 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Doesn’t it make you feel good to have to deal with a company that’s going out of their way to keep prices artificially high like that ? I remember early on Eckold wouldn’t even sell you their tooling unless you had serial numbers of a machine you owned, well, at least that’s what I was told. I’d think some company like Baileigh would do real well building a knockoff copy of the Eckold that used Eckold tooling instead of trying to re-invent power hammers. The 14 year design patents must be used up by now . ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 03-10-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longyard View Post
You would get the 20% VAT returned once it shipped out of the UK. Just saying.
You are correct that once the shipper provides paperwork proving the item is being shipped outside of the UK, there is no VAT charge.

I may be incorrect, but isn't the VAT (value added tax) different than all of the other taxes/premiums mentioned in the auction fine print? (16% buyers premium, 20% sales tax on hammered price, 20% tax on premium buyers premium)
Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Eckold UK were too late to buy the Eckolds & ALL the tooling, a company in the Netherlands ...Mach4metal bought everything for stupid money, they are selling for more than new prices

No matter how clever you think you are, stupidity is always one step ahead!!!!