All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Comments and Suggestions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Chuck Nagy

Default Why not allow Copy and Paste?

Hi all,

I wanted to cut and paste some information into this thread about a current project. Your new website apparently won't allow it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
chuck
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Copy and paste from where and how? That's how we have been moving the content from one site to another. Depending on your browser it might or might not copy the links to the pics as well.

Tim D.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Hi Chuck! Welcome to AllMetalShaping. If you want to PM me the specifics we'll figure it out. It definitely works because the admin team has spent well over 100 hours migrating the content from the old site by cutting and pasting.

Basically all we do is copy the content by selecting it and doing a Control C or using the copy function under the edit button on the tool bar. Then we open a new window (or the window we're editing), position the cursor where we want the content to start and do a Control V or use the Edit-Paste function. Firefox or IE work the same way although sometimes I have problems seeing photos with Firefox but they show up in Internet Explorer...haven't figured that one out yet.

It SHOULD be working for anyone. We tested it with non-admin users. If the above technique doesn't work for you, don't give up, we'll figure it out.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 PM

Must be something proceedural, works great for me. Copied entire posts, pictures and all. Really easy.

Tuck