All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-03-2015, 10:41 PM

Thanks for everyone's input.

I think the bend in the bed roll that the pic suggests is a bit of an optical illusion arising from the haphazard way I stripped the paint around the patch area. Sorry. I'll try to get better pictures and put in some time in the shop tomorrow evening.

The box was in quite good condition to start. Here are a couple of pics before any repairs. The bed rolls were straight except for the back corners. The most significant damage was dings to the box sides likely caused by grain shovel or transporting unsecured bowling balls.

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1285.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

still looking for a good signature

Last edited by Steve Hamilton; 08-04-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:30 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Most people run an entire build or restoration of a car, motorcycle or metal working machine as one thread with sometimes several hundred posts by the end. It just makes more sense, I may be too busy to post an answer immediately but several days later when I do post I can reference back to say a photo or information in an earlier post number for instance.

IMO starting a new thread every time a new issue pops up sets a poor precedent, we are going to end up with newbies (they ask more questions…… which of course is fine) having many different threads running on the same build or fabrication. Surely several issues will arise when restoring a bed side but to avoid confusion keep them all in a single thread. If you feel your thread isn’t getting enough attention add another post or more photos. ~ John Buchtenkirch