All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources > Resources - Learning Material
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Default Metal Shaping courses in London?

Hello, This is my first proper post to the forum disregarding the introduction.
I am a complete novice metal worker looking to study somewhere in the UK to learn about shaping sheet metal, I enrolled to be put on the waiting list of a vehicle restoration course here in London today, It is not perfectly suited to what I want to learn as it concentrates on body filler etc...

Ideally I would love to partake in a course at the Contour Academy or mphmotorpanels but these are a bit too pricey for me and also only last a few days..

To start with I would like to start fabricating motorcycle gas tanks and seats,
etc learn oxy/acet and TIG welding along the way and hopefully progress to making other parts. I have purchased a few instructional DVD's that have been Great, but I have not been able to put that knowledge to practical use - having no garage; garden, shed etc.. and living in a shared apartment hence looking for a college or course.

Does anybody happen to know of any more courses that might be suitable and affordable in/near the London area for adults?

Thanks!