All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Under 2 months to go..I got the snikerdoodle cookies. Not sure if they will make it to the meet but i will get more...Gator

Rick
Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 PM

I am thinking about bringing my english wheel back to finish. Could use some help making the lower tool arm and the legs. Any volunteers let me know or send a PM please. Thanks, Model A Bill
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM

less than 3 weeks to go. Started cleaning the shop. might get finished by christmas. Looking forward to seeing everyone...Gator

Rick
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 AM

About 1 week to go. Shop 3/4 ready. I have a ford 8n tractor to make some panels for.

I also have a s10 blazer to fix some rust on. It is a customer car that im doing for free. Hes a army vet and has limited money. I am doing this for free to help pay him back for serving our country. he was in nam and served a couple of tours.

Needs lower quarter patches, rear window repair and some other small items. This will be the meet project. Any and all who want to be involved are welcome. Would be nice to finish the metal work over the meet. And did i tell you we are making all panels and not buying anything.

There are hard panels to make and some easy panels also. A skill level for everyone.

Anyone else that wants to bring something to work on we will have room. If its bigger than a hood or door please let me know so i can make room.

For anyone new to a meet heres how it works at my place.

Always free to attend an hour or the whole time.

Join in or watch and learn. Joining in is always more fun.

If theres something you want to learn we will find someone to teach it or learn it together.

A donation jar will be placed in the shop so feel free too help offset the costs. The costs being the tent, food, material, porta john, and welding supplies.

I will be serving lunch and dinner saturday and breakfast snacks all weekend.
Friday eve is fend for your self or depending on how many people we may do pizza.
New this year is a 30 x 45 tent for eating, bench shaping or just a break from the fun.
I also hope to have my new toy running for the meet but not sure yet. Its a plasma cam cnc plasma cutter. Machine is assembeled and software up and running but i still have to wire the torch up and get some vent duckwork installed.
There are a lot of metalworking videos and metalworking books for your review.

Any questions please feel free to post or call me at 240-674-2101.

I promise you wont be sorry you came.

As with every meet please bring your saftey gear and any tools you want. PLEASE MARK ALL YOUR GEAR AND TOOLS.

I dont have every thing tool wise but enough to get us through the weekend.

I have had several people ask about learning to tig weld. Any one willing to help in this area would be great.

There is no age requirements or gender limitations at the Gatormeet. All are welcome. Leave all political and policy issues at the door and have a great time, I get very busy during the meet so if i havent said hi or got a chance to talk to you dont be shy. Come on up and introduce yourself.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and make some new ones...Gator

Rick
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Menu for saturday..

Hamburgers, hot dogs and hot beef for lunch

Fried chicken, hot beef and burgers an dogs for diner.

We will have sweet tea, sodas and water all weekend. There will be pastry and doughnuts for breakfast and snacks all day.

We may have a mystery meet if i can find where i put the shotgun shells....lol..

1 week from friday..

I tend to get very busy at the meets showing people where everything is and how to run equipment. I always plan on lots of pictures but when everything is over i find i never got any taken. If some of you can take lots of photos and post them it would be great. Anyone who puts on a meet like this can tell you how busy the host can get.

Later Gator

Rick
Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 AM

Its getting close now. Anyone that has anything to sell feel free to bring it and post it in this thread so people coming can bring money...

Whos bringing projects?

Are there anything you would like to learn or get a group of people to try...I ask this so i can be sure to have supplies for....

later Gator

Rick
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM

rear panel.jpg

I am bringing this (I will cut it out between the tape). I would welcome any help anyone is able to give me on this, as I am basically a rookie. I'll help with anything else anyone wants to do as well. I am really looking foward to my first MM!

I am intrested in TIG as was metioned earler. A gas welding demo would be great too.

Last edited by Strum; 05-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:13 AM

Did you really have to ask " Is there anyone willing to teach TIG welding " I think that is my standard job at Gatormeet . I will be there all weekend Will show anyone TIG or Gas. I also have my stomp shear still for sale , if anyone coming is interested . and a kick press / punch A FAMCO # 18.
James
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 AM

This is going to be a good time. Just so's we're clear about this...these are authentic DollarGeneral SnickerDoodles right? Theres' some shabby imitation SnickerDoodles out there that don't meet the standards. Just sayin.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 AM

I thought the cookies were from Wal Mart ?