All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-24-2015, 09:10 PM

Default bead roller stand

purchased bead roller from summit racing, its a good deal for waht it is. its only has 15" throat but will work fine.

anyways, just had some stuff laying around and threw the stand together. made it adjustable height. right now its set height same as truck bed for use as a table while rolling.

ty
dean
Old 05-25-2015, 08:09 PM

Nice. Thanks for posting pic. I have the same roller. Using vice so far to save floor space. Is that a disc brake rotor?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM

no, its actually from another project i made a while back. I made an engine stand for the vw engine and trans. this is the center that i cut out for the engine stand mount where it bolts the engine/trans.

after using it a little bit, it needs some refinement. the legs are not flat so ill add in some bolts to make it so all four corners are on the ground and it does not rock. further, i drilled the 5/16" hole too big and when i try to crank it, it walks back and forth depending on the direction the crank is. so ill go to a bigger bolt and make it a tight fit.

here is a blurry picture of the engine stand head. modified a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift, put this head on it. now i dont need help messing with the engine or trans putting them in the stand.