All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Peter I am saving this thread and will use it for a guide lines to follow.

This forum is dedicated to Metal Shaping.
Please stay on topic.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 PM

wow !!!

that was a very informative post peter.

thank you,
gary
Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 AM

Hi Peter, that was quite a good article. The only problem is that you are guessing at your information. Maybe you got it from Larry. I was around for about 5 years of being on the BOD and dealing with this site on a daily basis. David Miller, the first webmaster started this forum on the BB software. He was not familiar with it and every time a problem arose, and there were plenty of them, David would find a work-around to patch it up rather than upgrading the software. When Jack was able to get the site away from David, it was just a series of patches. Jack told us about it but we didn't want to lose any data, so Jack and the software company worked on the site for months just to get it stabilized and upgraded as much as possible. To completly upgrade it was too much of a risk. The BOD knew this and Jack stayed on top of it as well as he could. Every Knothead on this forum that had a computer problem felt compelled to call or PM Jack to see why his computer was acting funny, as well as Wray calling him daily wanting changes (a minimum call from WRAY IS 2 HOURS) all while Jack is working for a major defense contractor and managing all his other sites. MM always took more of his time than all his other sites combined. If that wasn't enough he rarely got paid, and almost never on time. Randy was mad at him because he wouldn't build him a website for free. When Randy got a site, Jack was hosting it but took it down because Randy didn't pay. BTW, I have over 2000 e-mails and PMs from dealing with these and other issues with the BOD.

Along comes Larry. He wants to change everything. He badgers Jack until Jack will no longer take his calls (a Larry call is at least as long as a Wray call). So Larry complains to the board and they are told that the changes can't be made without risking another major failure by Jack. Jack is busy with a serious medical issue with one of his family, they are demanding the site be turned over to them. Jack gives them all his passwords, turns it over to Dick and Larry. The site was running, backups as usual, they lock Jack out. The new webmasters decide to make a new backup with the site up and running and down it comes, they lose everything. They call Jack, He can't help them, he's locked out, and their actions caused problems on other sites as well. Jack was able to repair his other sites, and tried to help MM but a 3 1/2 year old backup was all he had left. our heros Larry and Dick won't take the responsibility so they blame it all on Jack..................but don't let the truth change your mind......keep pointing fingers and guessing if you want .........
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM

I think Peter put down what should happen, a single back-up is worthless, and never on the same server,

you need to back-up and save the last one, just in case there is a problem, It appears this was not done,

I do not know the whole story , I called the ISP and found out their job, MM was not paying for back-up at the ISP, I emailed Jack who was nice to me but did not have anything on his computer to help (and I believe he would have even after being slamed on MM )

All I care about is the old threads, we all put info in them thinking it would be there later,

I asked some Tech friends to see what they could find and they got no where,

I guess I am a dreamer and hope someone comes up with a back-up somewhere......

but its been more than a month and dreams are fading....

Dave
Old 04-04-2010, 02:14 PM

Default The End Days...........

On this Day of Resurrection and Light, I will take a few moments to reflect on some of the "straws" that have broken this camel's back, allowing me to finally See the Light myself, prompting me to permanently leave the Metalshaping Community, which will surely give some individuals something to rejoice in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Ferguson
Due to some concerns regarding private messages. I am going to turn that function off. I want to restore trust again and hope this will help in working toward that goal.

Thanks to Larry Robinson and Dick Strever for secretly invading our privacy, and making the PM feature unusable. Please realize that this is only one thing that we know about, but it is an indication of unethical tendencies that I can't live with. Restore trust?.........yea, that's gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Ferguson
Richard and Anders have both used two good examples of an alternative to the PM's. By entering your e-mail like Richard did, you don't need to worry about spammers and as Anders pointed out, you can go to the users profile to get their e-mail.

I guess it is a good thing there isn't a Plug-in for reading personal email accounts. If there was, it surely would already be in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Adame
Recently a couple of members have asked me to remove all of their posts from the site. I started to do that under the assumption that the author owns his posted thoughts. This caused some concern about having holes in the threads. Kind of a dilema, what to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Adame
It seems to me that we certainly do own our private thoughts. When we speak to someone we are giving them our thoughts. They are still our thoughts but by speaking them we have given them to the other person. When we speak in public as we do on these forums, we can claim ownership of the IDEA we are trying to convey but by speaking it, we have given it away. That's how I see this problem of thought/speech ownership. If you post something here and then later get your nose twisted and want to take your words and go away even if you are completely justified and the other party is completely wrong, you no longer own your words.
Well, there it is folks, under the new Metalmeet Junta; you no longer own your content. Bob is a great guy, and I know he is struggling with this, but he was recently instructed by Randy, that he was not to delete anyone’s content at their request, that it now belongs to Metalmeet. I guess this is as good a justification as any.

For what it is worth, I agree with Bob. Posting content on Metalmeet.com, should now be considered a gift to the members of that site, no matter what color of smoke the Junta will try to blow up your backside. So I consider it "truth in advertising" that the Junta has established early on, that under their totalitarian regime, whatever you post, becomes their property, to do with what they wish, including commercial exploitation. So, whatever content of mine the Junta didn't loose or destroy during their amateurish take over of the site, is my gift to my friends on Metalmeet, though I may not have any left.

Now, let us visit the Metalmeet.com Board of Directors, and it's new reality. I consider all but one of them my friends, and regret that my resigning from the Board opened the way for the seating of the Metalmeet Antichrist. That's where it all began, and I sincerely apologize for having had a role in causing this Apocalypse.

It would have been my hope that a majority of the Board Members would take exception to the despicable actions of one of their own, and immediately refill the two vacant board positions, and then summarily fire Larry Robinson.

It would have then been my hope that the newly constituted Board of Directors would take whatever legal actions necessary to return the Internet Operations illegally rested from their control, to Metalmeet.com Inc., the rightful owners, and then pursue civil action against those who participated in the theft.

But that's not going to happen. Two of the remaining Board Members will side with Larry Robinson, because of personal friendships with Randy, and elect Randy to be Head of the Board of Metalmeet.com Inc. Then they will add Dick Strever to complete the coup. That will give Larry and Randy control of the checkbook. When the last two dissenting members who have been fighting so hard behind the scenes to keep this all from happening finally resign in frustration, Terry Thorne will be brought onto the Board to run Social Groups, and Tony Sanchez will be brought back from retirement to ramrod the First Annual West Coast International Metalmeet, sponsored and paid for my Metalmeet.com Inc. Of course, eventually, that won't leave any money for the Oblong International Metalmeet Event, so it will end. Just my humble opinion.

I wish everyone the best on this Holiest of Holidays.............Adios Amigos
Old 04-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

I expect the following post to be deleted from MetalMeet but I'll post it here anyway. There is a thread where Bob Adame is asking for clarification on what the real meaning of the intellectual property statement on the MetalMeet home page means:

All messages and images are the property of their original authors. Please obtain permission before reproducing.
© 2002-2010 metalmeet.com

Larry and Randy are redefining the intent of this sentence which was EXACTLY as it is written. Property is property, not just property until the junta decides they want it.

Here is the message I just posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry's MetalMeet Post View Post
I appreciate your ethical concern Bob and thank you for trying to do the right thing. The problem is the Randy and Larry apparently don't understand the line on the bottom of the home page that was the basis for the creation of MetalMeet from day one.

If you could read the post I made last night (now deleted but you know where to find it), you can see some of the thoughts Wray had on the subject.

All that aside, if Randy and Larry want to change the rules, they should change the ownership statement. Gary Tisdale is right, it's childish of me to remove my content. However, as I said in the referenced message, I simply cannot support the way this site came to it's current situation.

I'll offer a compromise.

Instead of removing my content, just edit my signature to say "No longer supports MetalMeet.com". Do that and I'll be out of here and those who remain can create their own little sandbox with a Kerry free zone.

Kerry Pinkerton
MetaMeet Member #6
Ex member of the MetalMeet Board of Directors
Ex Admin and Moderator

No longer supports MetalMeet.com
Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
I expect the following post to be deleted from MetalMeet but I'll post it here anyway. There is a thread where Bob Adame is asking for clarification on what the real meaning of the intellectual property statement on the MetalMeet home page means:

All messages and images are the property of their original authors. Please obtain permission before reproducing.
© 2002-2010 metalmeet.com

Larry and Randy are redefining the intent of this sentence which was EXACTLY as it is written. Property is property, not just property until the junta decides they want it.
It doesn't say that anymore.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtate View Post
It doesn't say that anymore.
And that is EXACTLY my problem with the situation. I posted under a policy that stated that "All messages and images are the property of their original authors."

Tim D.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Hi Bill, I can see it in the fine print on the bottom of the home page for MM.com

I just went and checked its still there if we are going to post fellas make sure its in the middle ground Please
Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 PM

I too found that statement with a bit of looking. It seems to me it was more prominently displayed in the past. What I can't find is a similar statement on this site. Is there one?