All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-14-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Wine Country Meet, March 25

On March 25th, 9AM, at my shop, we'll be having a one day meet in Cloverdale, CA. Watch this thread as I'll be adding more information as we move along.

Ben VonBerlo will be coming from the Netherlands to demo his Mechammer Mark II. https://www.youtube.com/user/bensmetalshapingshop

Wm (Bill) Longyard will be coming from NC, and bringing books for sale - including the Lost Sheet Metal Shaping Machines books by Tim Barton.

Ron Covell will be coming and offering a demo as well.

I have some invites out to others, and future announcements will be made. We're open for other demos as well - do you have something you could show?

There's room here that you could bring your ongoing, or completed, projects. I'm hoping to reserve the parking around the shop for those, trailered or not. I do have a forklift for unloading if needed. My main parking area is lower on the hill, and I'll ask most folks to park down there.

Would you like to come? Please RSVP to John@mountainhouseestate.com. Attendance limited to 50 people. To cover some expenses, including lunch, we're asking for a $40 donation.

You need to bring: A chair, hearing, eye, and hand protection.

Super easy to find, Mountain House Estate (my wedding venue) is located at 38000 Hwy 128, Cloverdale, CA 95425. Less than two hours from downtown San Francisco. Hwy 101 north, take Exit 522 Hwy 128 West, and proceed 8 miles. Google GPS has it right iphone/Tom Tom does not.

Make a weekend of it, and bring your spouse. Cloverdale has a number of motels, but I suggest www.cloverdalewinecountryinn.com or Super 8. While in the area, go see the Tucker automobile at Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville - only 20 minutes from the shop. The Dry Creek Valley offers many wineries, including Ferrarri Corano Winery gardens. The Healdsburg Square offers lots to do for tourists as well. There's lots to do in the area, just let me know if you have any specific needs.

One reason to come to a meet, is to try out different machines. My shop is newly constructed, and I'm trying to have all these operational and available for use:

Tin Man Tech Air Power Hammer, kit model with rivet gun motors.
Meco Midget and Henrob torches
Imperial Wheeling Machines english wheel - Crown Imperial model.
Pullmax P2 with thumbnail dies
Pullmax P21SL
6' Pexto Mechanical gap bed shear
4' Magnabend
Group Build Kick Shrinker
Lazze Gen 2 Bead Roller
Lazze deep throat shrinker/stretcher
Baileigh Industrial 8' finger brake
Enco Slip rolls
Miller Dynasty TIG
Everlast Plasma hooked to an electric eye tracer table
Blast cabinets

Please let me know if you have questions.

IMG_3787.jpg

This is the wedding venue, www.mountianhouseestate.com, not the shop. The shop is located on the hill to the left.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.

Last edited by Overkill; 02-28-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:43 PM

I'm signed up and am really looking forward to this meet.

Andy
Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 AM

Default Group Build Kick Shrinker

Jeeze, I guess it was 7 years ago that we did the last group build. I just ran into my old thread, and thought that a lot of you may not know some of the things we did in the past. To find out more about my Group Build Kick Shrinker mentioned above, see http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showt...oup+build+kick

You'll find a lot of interesting things built here on the site in a group fashion, if you just search "group build"

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:56 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec 2010, Sept 2015, Jan 2016

Default Special Offer MH Mark II on this meet

Hi all,

The manufacturer of the MH in the USA and I will do a special discount offer for the Wine Country Meet.
Yes this machine is proudly made in the USA

For the Demo day we offer
1. $250 discount on the website price
2. 5% discount on tooling

and for PRE sales we offer
1. $250 discount website price
2. free 125$ flanging arm
3. 10% discount on tooling.

Pre sale order need to be in before FEB 15th so that they can be made.

FREE DELIVERY TO THE WINE COUNTRY MEET wich is another 275 $ you save.

My demo's will be about shaping, streching . shrinking,forming,tipping,hammering of die,reverse curve,beading etc..

You are will be allowed to use the machine yourself to get a feel of it and notice that it is differrent then the others.

Hope to see you.

Ben and Fairclothmachine

USA Website

http://fairclothmachine.com/mechammer/shop/
www.mechammer.com

Last edited by Ben; 01-26-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:54 AM

Default Swap Meet

Just to let you know, we're going to have a few items brought by participants to sell. Including a Pullmax P3/3 under power, Mittler Bros bead roller dies, 90V bead roller motor, Rotex turret punch, etc.

If you want to bring something, feel free. I have a forklift.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Default New video on Youtube

I will show this tool on the Wine Country MM.

You can use it too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAulGR3Hmo&t=2s

Ben

Last edited by Ben; 02-11-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:30 PM

Default Okay Ben, that's pretty cool

Ben,

The link is working now, and that's pretty cool. Does it require an optional arm for the Mark II? I have a pair of running boards in my future, and being able to do the beads, without distortion, is a great trick.

Some people will use offset dies to do artwork with a bead roller. From something simple like flames, to fancier pieces of art. One of the issues with the bead roller is getting sharp tips on the flames. Being you are a think outside the box kinda guy, I'm wondering if you developed dies for the Mark II, that would allow this type of work?

Old 02-14-2017, 07:14 AM

Default Second arm

John
The Mechammer comes standard with the second arm,I am thinking about that for a while now.Mybe i should give it a try...

See you in about 5 weeks..

Ben

The link is working now, and that's pretty cool. Does it require an optional arm for the Mark II? I have a pair of running boards in my future, and being able to do the beads, without distortion, is a great trick.

Some people will use offset dies to do artwork with a bead roller. From something simple like flames, to fancier pieces of art. One of the issues with the bead roller is getting sharp tips on the flames. Being you are a think outside the box kinda guy, I'm wondering if you developed dies for the Mark II, that would allow this type of work?[/QUOTE]
Old 02-23-2017, 04:24 PM

Default New video's on Youtube

Hi All

These new features for the Mechammer will be showed at the WCM in a couple
of weeks...Hope to see you there

The first one is about making a small cover with a flange..

https://youtu.be/U1JjQrXBABE

The second one is WIRE EDGING..

https://youtu.be/QOy_QWfHMXI

Ben

Last edited by Ben; 02-23-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:01 PM

Default 19g AKDQ and .065 3003 H14

For the metal shaping event, I'll be picking up some steel and aluminum. I can also pick up extra sheets for those of you that would like some.

Most antique car bodies are 19g. AK = Aluminum Killed. DQ = Drawing Quality. It's softer and easier to form that the typical sheet that you'd find at your steel suppliers. I've checked many sources, but the only place I can find this sheet is from Modesto Steel, a 3 hour drive each way. I can pick up extra 4' x 10' sheets for $65 each.

I'm also going to be picking up some .065" 3003 H14 aluminum. This is the favored alloy for metal shaping. The price will be $80 per 4'x10' sheet.

Tell me how many you'd like, and I'll have them here at the event to pick up.