All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Default Back after many years

Hey I am Johnny Youngblood most people call me Youngblood , my background is welding and fabricating I was hurt at work 19 years ago and have spent more time in the hospital than out since then anyway I am trying to get back into metalworking again as a hobby now I know there are many things that are impossible for me now but I have a few projects that have been sitting in my garage untouched since 1999 a 56 F100 panel that I plan on converting to a wheelchair friendly rig and I am also going to build a trike from one of my old bikes it will be like a chariot so I can drive my wheelchair right on from the back needless to say I am looking at this as a classroom because although I still have a lot of sheetmetel equipment and welders I am going to have to re learn most of it so I look forward to being here and I will try not to ask so many questions that it will annoy people ,but if I do just yell at me, it only takes once and I learn I am glad to be here and I do remember how much talent is on this sight thanks Youngblood
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 PM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Welcome back. I admire your tenacity and "can do" spirit!
Old 04-06-2018, 08:59 AM

Johnny, I compliment you for your concern and consideration of the group. I think "too many questions" become a problem when they're repetitious in their way of repeating a question without regard to previous questions and answers. These projects are complex and all the "good guys" seem to be able to maintain a "from 30,000 ft" perspective.

Your desire is all the more laudable if you incurred a head injury (I don't need to know) but we're here to both share and learn.

Stay the course and you'll be just fine!

Best of everything!

mjb