All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Good to hear from you Steve. Dutch's regional is next weekend...Stan's bringing chicken I hope... You should try and make it up.

You changed the name of your business from Steve's ProStreet. Doing more metal these days?

Steve was my SECOND customer at the first event we did (Carlisle 2003??) and the second customer to have two Imperial ewheels...(Dutch was first) And the FIRST and ONLY customer to have a blowout on their English Wheel. I'll let him tell you that story...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Gosh Kerry I thought you would have forgot about that by now
My son still tells everyone and threatens me of replaying the video you made were it tells USA on my adventures of getting a flat (blowout) on an english wheel.......
It was quite innocent , I was wheeling a two dimensional shape in a hood panel , when a customer came into the shop, I left the wheel loaded with what may just have been a bit to much pressure on the pneumatic upper wheel.
Well my old shop was a bit split up and I was on the other end when I heard what sounded like a 12 gauge shot gun ringing out from the shaping room and for a moment brought me back to my days in Boston
Needless to say when the conversation came up, Kerry schooled me on how much was to much took my pneumatic wheel away from me.
Oh ya, he did replace it with sharp advice and a brisk shaking finger.
I still have my second upper wheel and I do not leave it unattended with ANY pressure on it at all.
On another note Kerry I looked for you guys at spring Carlisle. I have a wedding to go to next weekend or I would take the trip to Dutches. I have my old shop leased out and up for sale and built a new one on the west side of Danville. I will post some photo's later on. Fire works tonight and Kate and my son Tom are throwing hints about going......there in the truck now Cheers
Danville PA. 17821
Old 07-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Good to see you here Steve! I remember the story of Stan's flat tire when y'all road tripped from PA to Illinois.

Oh, and I have relayed the blowout story to a few of my friends too You ain't never gonna live that one down!

Welcome aboard!!!!!

Tim D.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Thanks Tim , some things in life just never seem to go away
Danville PA. 17821
Old 07-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Yeah Steve, you're stuck with that one for life I think....

We haven't done Carlisle for 2 years now. Did great for a couple, Ok for a couple, and terrible for a couple. We don't do any shows any more. For all intents and purposes we're down to taking orders. I've got some inventory but when that's sold I'll mainly build to order. Sold my last Crown Imperial to CJ Dansie (Shobra). Got have couple more big frames cut and ready to weld but I'm just going to wait so I can build it the right height and make sure the paint is fresh. Things get dusty sitting in the storage building.

The market has just dried up...saturated actually with bad stuff. It was fun while it lasted and I enjoyed working with my boys and running down the highway. They've both moved on and I've got time to play so it's all good.

Sold 'your' dually this year...last year I used it to go to Oblong and that was it so it just didn't make sense to hang on to it. I liked that Ford.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM

Kerry
You put a lot of great product out there to guys who were serious about shaping. I am glad I have mine
I miss that ford dually . I sold my white chevy dually because I was not hauling my big trailors as much any more . And it was not real friendly on gas. I traded it in two years ago and bought a dodge cummins and now I have to suffer with 22 mph while pulling a trailor. And when I am not pulling it makes a great hot rod with all the add on's it has crazy power but that equates to a few new tires now and then. Are you still building the quick release for the Imperials ? How's Big Pink doing , thats one big kid, but with a great, gental personality.
Do you still do Oblong or are you limiting your travel, I wish there were a few more locals like Dutches.
Sorry for all the questions all at once but it's been a few years I have to catch up with....
Danville PA. 17821
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
MetalShaper of the Month February 2021

Default Dutch`s meet

Steve Harold and I are going to Herimer on sat morn til tue evening. Let me now if you want to come along. 7/11 till 7/14.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:04 AM

Hi Guys
Here is my new shop , half the size of my old one, but more sucluded which is suppose to help me get more done with out being on the main drag just outside of town.

It's going to take me a few more years to complete it but worth it in the end.
It's a working shop now , I just nee to finish the outside siding but I have a few additions to go on and that takes moving the mountain back from the side of the shop. I am going to put a 20X30 addition on the south end of the building were I can put the jobs in sealer when needed without interupting the work inside the sheet metal side with overspray.

Danville PA. 17821