All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources > Resources - Learning Material
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM

just got an email saying my first 2 of books are on the way!
christmas looking good on my part...
now i gotta look surprised and happy on my other christmas gifts i get "wow, socks! gee thanks!" haha
Old 12-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Just revived my copies yesterday….. Very nice!!!! Can wait until Vol#3 is out to see if I made in.
Erik
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Received #1 and #2 today. Professional looking. Well wrapped and packaged for shipment. These will take more than a few minutes to fully read!

Just a quick glance through but just the few pictures of creating a special set of rollers for use on an English Wheel to shape curved louvers through a curved panel was worthwhile in itself. I have to do upcoming on a project and couldn't figure out how to do manually or via Pullmax. Have my solution now!

I'm ordering #3 and #4. Hopefully they are as packed with as much content and ideas as these first two.

Last edited by Superleggera; 12-22-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 AM

Default Tim Bartons Vol# 1 and 2 arrived

Yesterday 12-22-2010 was like Christmas early the first 2 volumes arrived I started to read but couldn't wait to explore the entire 2 volumes, I never knew how much equiptment was made regarding the English Wheels, Power Hammers, Planishing Hammers I am in total Amazment! Tim all I can say the Wait has well been worth it Just to think of all the research you did and th hours and countless hours to find the information.and I know you only gave a taster in these 2 Volumes,

Just a Word of THANK YOU. I hope you sell a million plus , Please keep us informed when you release the DVD. I was reading about the Edwards e-wheel machines I thought they only made 2 type machines wow and the Power Hammers.
In closing just wanted everyone that was thinking of orderig these books to PLEASE DO SO, There is so much to learn and absorb, the Photos are great. and Tim Thanks for the Education, I will get the mailing fund out right away. for all the books but againg thanks for making my wait the best.

Sincerely,
John Escolano
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 AM

Default Special Thanks to Kerry

I wanted you Kerry to know my joy in receiving the package with Tims Books, This Joy and excitment would not have been possible with out your posting the Mailing and ording information, I have been to Barnes and Noble so many times asking when the release, and I guess when I asked you about 2 months ago what the status was, and then you put in the Web based information just a word of thanks to

John Escolano
Old 12-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Merry Christmas to ME! i got my first 2 books.... was here before christmas , but i wasnt here to receive them... had to wait all weekend to today to goto the post office and pick them up...
anyways... now i gotta work in my shop .. then wait till tonite to read or picture read them at first.... good thing i got patients... lol
Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Default Tim Barton's books

Santa was good to me (WIFEY). I got first two volumes of Tim's books. They are just awesome!! He was a pleasure to talk to when ordering the books. He was also very pleasant in responding with e-mails. He seems to handle his business "PERSONALLY" with a pleasant attitude. Can't wait to get the rest of the series! Enjoy everyone and don't miss out on this awesome set !!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Mike Yurko and WIFEY!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2015

Just received the first two volume´s..waiting was long 3 weeks,probably because of the christmas..but it was worth it.Books have so much information and pics..gotta get the rest...very nice books!

--------- JJ ----------
Old 01-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Received my first two books and started reading them. These books are going to be very informative and enjoyable to read. Tim thanks for taking the time to put all of the information together. From what I have seen so far they will fill in a lot of the history on metal shaping.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Administrator

I sent Tim Barton and email asking about the delivery dates for Volumes 3 and 4 that were originally scheduled for shipping in January. Tim responded that he had to move the delivery date to the end of February for these volumes due to some personal problems. The following is part of the email he sent.

"Because the loss of a week interfered with the delivery date for #3 and #4, I made a decision to include some new material that had at first come in too late to use. Because of the time lost in the hospital and the new pages, I have revised the delivery date to the end of February for books #3 and #4. The readers will LOVE what is being included."

Tim is also updating his web site to reflect the delivery date changes but that won't be completed for about a week.

Just trying to let people that order the books know why the delay in delivery.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Closed Thread