All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-17-2016, 09:02 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default The Third Shipment of Peters Wheeling Machines

I posted this on the HAMB site, and felt like I had not posted this here on the AMS site, yet. This is a 'copy and paste' of that detailed post.

This post is done for the purpose of letting those of who are or intend to be, serious metal shapers. The third and last (for awhile, anyway) shipment of the Peter Tommasini designed English wheels has become available. Peter advised me on Monday, that the last of the order for 40 castings is being prepared for importing to the US. Up to this point he has sold 14 here in the US, 6 in Europe and 10 in Australia. Of the 10 that are left, only 6 are being made available for this shipment to the US. These are the first cast iron English wheels to be imported into the US in over 42 years, and are of the FINEST quality and design. I already have orders for two of these machines.

These wheeling machines in this last shipment are available for $3300 less upper wheel and lower anvils. This lowers the shipping costs substantially. To acquire one, a deposit of $1700 is required to get on the shipping list. The balance of $1600 is due upon their arrival here in the US. The finest US made upper wheels and lower anvils are made by Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profiles. The specially designed upper wheel and lower anvils are available for $780. The fact that payment can be made in three segments has been a major selling point for these wheeling machines. I am NOT in the metal shaping machine selling business. A conversation between Peter and a friend of mine (Jimmy Matthews) that bought one, ended up with both of us volunteering to assist in the disbursement of the machines that arrive here in the US for those that also acquired one of these wheeling machines. They are shipped by ocean container to the US, shipped by train to North Carolina, and delivered by truck to here in Rock Hill, SC. where we disassemble the shipping container and make the individual wheeling machines available to those that purchased one.

If the buyer is not close enough to Rock Hill, SC to come pick it up, I will contact Fastenal, get the shipping quote, put it on a pallet in a box and deliver it to the nearest Fastenal store for delivery for $120. I have had very good luck with the Fastenal. We have shipped wheeling machines from here in South Carolina to as far away as California and Oregon for under $240 including insurance.

I can be reached at: wildcad@comporium.net or PM me.

Here is a link to Peter's website: http://www.handbuilt.net.au/index.html

Here is a link to Hoosier Profiles: http://www.hoosierprofiles.com/home.html

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-12-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 AM

I have taken an order for the third of this last shipment of Peter's wheeling machines, leaving three available. If you have an interest you can PM me or email me at: wildcad@comporium.net
Old 11-04-2016, 07:09 AM

Peter's US tour of training classes will be coming to a close in a few weeks and he will be returning to Australia to prepare this last wheeling machine shipment for delivery to the US. There are only three left, so those of you that may be on the fence, this is a good time to make planes to acquire one for yourself. Those of you in attendance in Oblong, witnessed first hand the strengths and speed that his wheeling machines are capable of.
Information can be found by contacting:

Peter at: tommasini@handbuilt.net.au

Or me at: wildcad@comporium.net or

PM either of us here on this site.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:35 PM

I have just taken an order for another wheeling machine, leaving only two left. Peter will be back in Australia in early December and have them painted and packaged towards the end of December. Delivery will take 6-8 weeks after that time. I will keep folks posted.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:10 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Novenber 2011, March 2017

I would love to have one of these...

Mettelka Craft Metalshaping

Wanted, 41 Cadillac Fleetwood
Old 11-05-2016, 07:26 AM

Good morning, Mike.

These wheeling machines are of the same quality as those stake sets, and I still have that address.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 AM

I have just taken an order for another wheeling machine, leaving only one left. Peter will be back in Australia in early December and have them painted and packaged towards the end of December. Delivery will take 6-8 weeks after that time. I will continue to keep folks posted.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:32 AM

The last order for this last shipment of wheeling machines has been received. None are left available at this time.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:09 PM

As I noted in the previous post, the last wheeling machine on this third shipment of the Tommasini wheeling machines has been sold and Peter has notified me that they are crated and he is working on getting thru some shipping concerns that have arisen due to the holidays in Australia. Shipment is expected SOON! Probably before Christmas.

Due to the strong interest in his machines, Peter has informed me that he has placed another order for 25 more castings to be poured and he expects them to be delivered in January.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:24 PM

I have just heard from Peter and he has advised me that the third shipment of his wheeling machines and have left Australia and due in Crarlotte/Rock Hill by way of Atlanta in about four weeks.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 01-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.