All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-31-2019, 10:55 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month Dec. '09 & May '11

Default Time for Celebration 🎉 AMS is 10 years old

Allmetalshaping is having a Birthday!
“ 10 “ Years of sharing knowledge to shape your dreams!
The original administrators got it started, Johnny Arial had the idea for the forum. Tim Doty used his computer knowledge to set up the software, and adapt it to meet our needs. Joe Hartson and Kerry Pinkerton did most of the day to day oversight. There are many tasks that need to be completed daily, or frequently behind the scenes.
Reviewing and approval of New memberships, inspecting posts for appropriate content and thread placement, reading and response to the site email. Helping members with forgotten login and passwords, as well.

Thank you to the many members that have contributed to the success of All Metalshaping, the list is long so I won’t try to list them. It has been a team effort that has got us to this point. Some members have posted huge amounts of content, others have promoted our community by encouraging fellow shapers to join our site. The past and current administrators have volunteered their time, and funded the internet server space. Many members have graciously opened up their homes and workshops to host metalshaping events.

The Dedication Award recipient is Kerry Pinkerton

Kerry has been involved in all of the areas listed above, right from day one!
His dedication to All Metalshaping has been the glue that kept the wheels rolling and all things headed in the correct direction!

Kerry Thank you for the 10 years of service to All Metalshaping and the metal shaping community!
I greatly appreciate your contributions

Steve Hamilton

I hope other member will share in the celebration by posting their thoughts!

Last edited by Steve Hamilton; 05-31-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2018, Jan. 2021

Gosh, such a wealth and depth of knowledge on here for a forum which is only 10 years old! The place is a true knowledge base and a constant source of inspiration for me in my metalshaping journey. Long may it continue, well done and thankyou to all of the people who maintain and contribute to the site.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:00 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by skintkarter View Post
such a wealth and depth of knowledge on here for a forum which is only 10 years old! The place is a true knowledge base and a constant source of inspiration for me in my metalshaping journey. Long may it continue, well done and thankyou to all of the people who maintain and contribute to the site.
well said!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:48 AM
Administrator

The first metalshaping DVD I bought was Kerry's Metalshaping 101 back in 2006. Up to that point, I'd been reading whatever books I could find on the subject, but it was a huge help to be able to watch Kerry demonstrating different techniques. The dedication award is certainly well deserved!

Fast forwarding to today, it's a huge honour to be able to help look after this site, where I've learned so much. Thanks to everyone who's contributed over the years, in so many different ways. You all make the site what it is – a great resource for learning and sharing knowledge.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:35 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Thanks Kerry.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:55 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2015, March 2020,, June 2022,Aug 2023

It is an excellent site and so glad there is so much support and encouragement here. Thank you to Kerry and all that look after it and make it possible to share.
http://willyshotrod.com

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:23 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Oct 2016, June 2020, April 2023

Thank you, Kerry! Thanks to all members for your input.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:39 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Yes. It's a very positive place. Thank you to Kerry and others who have enabled this concentrated environment that shares expertise and ideas. This environment is very positive and inspiring for the emergence of new ideas and the transmission of information about existing techniques known only to highly informed professionals. This environment does not play on the secrecy of ideas that are quite normal in business and hard elbow environments. Perhaps it should be in the world everywhere, but unfortunately, the information must be sellned to make the globe spin at the right speed ...

They showed me the basics of shaping in one shredding company. After 2 hours of training, they told me: if you listened badly or you are stupid and clumsy, our experience is useless for you.
I'm remembered to it. I can help somebody and pass on my experiences and ideas. Because when my time is up, I won't need them.

As in time I signed up for All Metal, I made great progress in metal shaping. I try to pass on some of my ideas and experiences to others. I really thank you for this place. Hold this space and ensure that consciousness is passed on.

It is very important at a time when growing stupidity and virtual reality.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:31 AM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

i'll say congratulations to Kerry for MSOTM and thank you for the forum.

I also want to say thank you to all the rest of the members on here, from the scrap makers (like me) still figuring out & sharing as we learn to the true Masters willing to guide us towards success. It's hard to quantify what's here, from the access to viable information to the new friends & acquaintances that I doubt I would have otherwise. It sure beats doing it all alone or asking purportedly knowledgable people about it and just getting another blank stare as they say "you can't do that.."

Without Kerry's platform for the AMS community, things would be much different. Again- Thank you very much, Kerry.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Congrats on ten years and I agree with all the above!

But I also want to add a "thanks" to the admin crew for doing the backups as needed. One never knows when they might be needed (migration to a new hosting service) or in need of an actual server crash and rebuild. Nothing worse than seeing posts made (or ones that I got inspiration and education from) disappear forever and not being able to be restored. It would be a horrific loss of knowledge and time invested by many. Glad to see that hasn't been an issue here.

My "join date" was May 10th, 2009. Hard to imagine it has been ten years already!