All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-13-2019, 03:49 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Default spray head ???

After a way too long hiatus I’m finally back to working on my 33 coupe (photos & updates after I make a bit more progress). I’ve been abrasive blasting and priming parts as I go. I’ve been flooding the hems on my doors with Rust-oleum etching primer but after looking thru my extensive collection of spray heads & wands I’ve only found one that fits the can properly. The trouble is I have no idea what spray can it came off . Does anyone know of a wand style head that fits the Rust-oleum cans ? If I had at least a second one, then one could always be soaking in thinners. Thanks ~ John Buchtenkirch
A.JPG

B.JPG

C.jpg
Old 09-13-2019, 04:30 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

It is reassuring to see that I'm not the only one with the exact same collection-o-spraytips & uncut silicone nozzles because I cannot stand to throw them away & I might need one someday... Thanks for making me smile, John.

As far as a match- when I'm trying to ID these things, a quick trip to either Lowe's or Home Depot lets me compare the variations side by side. Then I can either buy what I need or know where something came from.

For that can with a female spray cap that fits onto a male stem coming out of the can (correct?), I think most spray lubricant cans have a thinner diameter male tube compared to a larger diameter male tube for things like paint cans. I think the spray insulation cans have female spray caps that will accept a red tube. The paint caps usually have a directional atomizer tip to produce a specific pattern and these vary between manufacturers & product.

Good luck.