View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:09 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Things still slow around here. Can't get out. Looking for things to do. I came across this old NASCAR seat at a racing friends shop and bought it to give Bill another option in selecting a seat. he said that he had one, but this might be an option. I have seen my friend use this at one of the World 600 race in Charlotte. It is a long race - back in the time when there were no 'cool suits', no 'cool vests' and not very good interior ventilation. The vent in the back of the seat would be connected to a naca duct in the rear window. The multiple holes below the shoulder harness slots are for mounting shoulder restraints that I have not cleaned up yet.

If used in the mountain car, it would have to have the integral head rest cut away below the oval openings because this car has a headrest built into the rear roll bars.

This seat was covered with left over foam insulation and grey tape residue when I found it. Jim was very helpful in using aircraft paint remover to get it cleaned up to look like this.

Name:  flower 003.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  Seat 003.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  Seat 005.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  Seat 006.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  71.8 KB

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-21-2020 at 08:14 AM.