Thread: Flares for 77TA
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 04:21 PM

I'll go another here, because you all know how it is... the answer often lies in walking away once the big picture is had, to let the mind digest input. After awhile, then it spits out something useful. What I mean is this-

Theres jaw marks all up and down both pieces and I hear you asking about deep something or another, but, putting myself in your shoes... I don't think jaws are even part of this intial stage of shaping. 19 gauge is thin to me, not something you want to stretch a bunch. To me, I say. But everything you are needing to do here is stretch. You are making a desired bulge first, then telling edges where to be.

So its not so much that a place here or there needs shrinking, its that the whole rest of the part needs stretching. To varied degrees. The part that needs shrunk is what to leave alone, the rest is stretch.

Just an afterthought. But it just dawned on me that no, I don't think I would have used jaws at all yet. Right or wrong, theres that. Hope theres some sense in it.