View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2009

Mike Early jags were traditionally inline 6 .there is a large amount of speed parts for the early engines.If you want something different consider a late model Jaguar AJ16 engine .They were the last of the jag inline 6 engines.They were available in normally aspirated or supercharged.The super charged versions were rated at 320 horsepower stock.There is a lot left in them and they respond well to some free breathing exhaust and tuning.I see these engines cheap all the time.Here is a picture of an AJ16 that I am building for a 1957 Jag 140 roadster project car.The car has a custom chassis and suspension and the customer wanted something different.It is a 1996 4.0 litre NA version.The throttle bodies are from a BMW M3 that I bought cheap off ebay.They are a perfect match for the oval shape intake ports as far as size and shape.I milled the intake plate to adapt them and drilled the throttle linkage shaft from some 12mm bar stock.The valve cover is originally a painted magnesium part that can be polished to look the part.The only problem with using this engine is there is pretty much nothing available as far as speed equipment,You will need to build it yourself or have it custom made
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1090.jpg (72.9 KB, 1269 views)