View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 04:30 PM

Default New guy from Alabama

Hey guys, I wanted to get on here and introduce myself. Im a hobby hot rod/car builder and have been since the age of 13 when I got my first car. Early on in life, I had an uncle who was in the collision repair business and he was an excellent body man. Being a kid I was really interested in what he could do with cars and what he could create. Although he was more of a bondo-smith than a sheetmetal guy, it still grabbed my interest and pointed me in the direction. I knew I wanted to build cars as a profession from an early age, but was shit on by my mother when I told her I wanted to build cars like uncle Richard, when she asked me what I was going to do when I grow up. She told me I didnt want to be a "dirty mechanic". But thats absolutely what I wanted to do. Anyway, as a childs dreams sometimes get railroaded I found myself in the military and eventually as a helicopter pilot. Ive been flying helicopters for the past 15 years now and i do so in the EMS capacity. Its fun, but its not a passsion. Anyway I finally have the resources and some of the time I need to equip my shop the way I want it and work on building my knowledge and skill in metal shaping.

Lookingforward to reading a lot and learning.

Thanks for having me!