Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 09:50 AM

Default Introduction

My is Frank Dunham I have been involved with metal almost all my life, I'm 57, my Dad had a machine shop for 15yrs I started working with metal when I was 9 at 12 I was running a 10" South Bend lathe, in 2000 I started working for a company that manufactured custom skylight systems & custom aluminum & stainless steel indoor/outdoor panels, the same company hired one of the administrators of this site, Kerry Pinkerton, to build an English Wheel that could handle 1/4" aluminum, then they hired him to do some metal shaping for a project that an artist here in Indiana wanted them to build, it was a statue of a Cardinal 15' tall at the head and 20' at the tail, I was the job runner and Kerry and I worked together along with 7 other guys, Kerry done a great job for his part of the project. I continued on until 2018 unfortunately I woke up paralyzed from the upper chest down 2-8-2018 with a rare disorder that has no cure, the one thing that I really enjoyed doing was taken away from me so now I'm working my way back. I'm from Mooresville, In. It used to be a small farming community but like every other small town USA it grew up. I appreciate the opportunity to join.