View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 03:06 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

With the decklid lengthened, that pretty much wrapped up the large tasks of "roughing" in the new body proportions. Before going any further with the fine tuning of the metal work and finish now was the time to focus on the modifications to the chassis.

Here are some pictures of the project set down nice and low to the ground sitting roughly where we'd like it to sit "aired out" with all the air out of the suspension.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  74.6 KB

Set a front wheel into the front fender opening just for looks. As mentioned this is the goal for the "air out" or parked height. A little higher at the front of the rocker than the rear!

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  74.4 KB

Another 3/4 view from the rear at parked height.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  74.5 KB

Now was the time to pull the front sheet metal, engine, transmission, etc. in preparation for separating the body from the chassis.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  74.0 KB

Here is a picture with my youngest son....shows just how low the car is!! I love it!

Edit: I keep forgetting to mention that flamed hood hanging on the wall. That was my first ever custom painting project. I was probably about 12-13 when I did that for fun / practice.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  78.4 KB

Here the body has been pulled off and will be set aside while work starts on the chassis modifications.

Edit: I'm not sure why the pictures turned out a bit fuzzy this time. Sorry about the quality.

Dane

Last edited by pplace; 03-16-2018 at 08:36 PM.