View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:07 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr fixit View Post
Dane,

You are a true artist! This has transformed the car so much, it is truly magnificent.
One question, the comment that you will finish metal working or refine the work before primer. Whats left to do, the pics' look like it is terrifically finished ready for paint.
Just a newbie trying to learn from a fantastic metal worker with really good postings too.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris
Thank you very much.

As I mentioned earlier, the pictures hide some of the remaining imperfections and wobbles, etc. that I’m not 100% satisfied with. However, for now my biggest concern is to get the areas that I’ll have no or limited access to finished as best I can and get the rest pretty darn good. Since I’m changing things so drastically I like to move around and try to get the major modifications “roughed in” so I know things are going to work visually, etc.

So down the road when I pretty much have all the metalwork / modifications wrapped up I’ll go panel by panel and clean them up and finalize them one more time to get them the best I can. Sometimes you can work on one area so much you don’t make any more improvements or progress....step away from it for a while and come back later with a fresh mind and things work out better usually rather than just “chasing your tail around” trying to get a certain wobble or low spot out for example.

Dane