View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM

Hi Pugsy ,
Nice looking work i'm going to sort o agree with you in that if you have a good fit up of parts have your plant set to the right amps you don't need to use a foot pedal on mild steel just keep your travel speed constant . I have a friend who used to work for rolls royce in their r & d dept as a welder and he is always saying don't use filler unless you really have to , if a job is going to have paint on it then just fussion weld it like you would with o/a , a smear of bondo or lead is the way to go , Don't now that i totally agree with that but it does save a lot of time. Looking forward to seeing more progress when you get it done.

John don't get the tig pen idea I would say it would some what slow you down , looks like you could only have a small amount of filler sticking out the end and as such you would have to keep stopping to pass more wire through it , spend your tea breaks practicing to roll a filler rod through your thumb and first 2 fingers , that way you can use up 34" of a 36" filler rod without having to stop .