Thread: Hood scoop
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejunk View Post
Think nothing of it. Your project caught my interest and for me a drawing is fastest and most effective. I won't hardly use a ruler for strangers.

Let us know how it goes. A 65 Valiant isn't the easiest car to pick a scoop for but in my imagination it seems suitable. Whatcha got in it, anyhow? Must be kinda hairy.

We put a 5.9 (360) from 98 Durango in it. We haven't got it on the road yet and the motor has had nothing done to it other than removing the fuel injection and reverting it a carburetor. Still, with a little tuning we should get into the high 200's as far as hp, but with the car being 2800 pounds soaking wet, it should fun to drive. We're also putting a ford 8.8 with 3.73 limited slip. An 8-3/4 would be preferred but when you can get a rear end for $130 with posi and disc brakes almost ready to go, it wins hands down. Once it's running, rolling and stopping, it will be a rolling project that we can race once in a while. My schedule has been compressed somewhat though since he's enlisted in the Marines... chip off the old block and the blocks foundation. 3rd gen... While i can certainly go the easy rought and buy a fiberglass (bad word here?) scoop based on the 66-67 hemi scoops, I think making one would be a nice way to go for that blood sweat and tears touch.

Hopefully we'll have time to make some real changes like a cam swap and port a set of heads, but for now it will be a really snappy go cart