All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-06-2021, 12:00 PM

Default Hello from he UK, Scotland

Hi there,

I'm finding more often with projects and prototyping that i'm not always 100% certain of all of the fabrication options available outside of simple machining, turning, welding, casting and sheet metal forming. Either because i've not kept up to date with the latest fabrication developments or because what i need done is fundamentally too expensive to prototype.

One of the reasons I joined this forum today (any by no means the only) was to understand the sheet metal bending and forming best practice.

Recent example: a part I need made for a prototype that lends itself well to extrusion profile but where tooling makes prohibitive a trial run and where using the next best thing for the proto machine, a sheet metal equivalent is according my my local sheet metal former "not possible" for them; even though the part looks to me "simple" to bend and make......So i'm not understanding some of the fundamentals of sheet metal bending.

However others here might say "well actually you could do it this way".

That's the kind of help I need!

Anyway many thanks for letting me join, pleased to meet everyone. I'll put up the specifics of my most recent problem when I'm allowed to post,

kind regards,

Marco.

Mechanical Design Engineer.