All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-12-2021, 07:37 PM

Default Join us in Oblong

Hello AMS members! We would like to make sure that AMS members know you are more than welcome to join your metal shaping brothers and sisters in Oblong Illinois this coming October 5th through the 9th. The event takes place every year at the Crawford County Fairgrounds. The Crawford County Fairgrounds is located on Route 33 in Oblong (under the big blue water tower), Legion Pkwy, Oblong, Illinois 62449. The event costs $100 to take part in. We are ironing out the seminars so I don't have a list as of yet. We have various tool vendors such as Dagger Tools, Gulley Performance, Stan Fulton with Pullmax Tooling and of course Pat Brubaker with Imperial Wheeling Machines.

We have on site camping for everything from a tent to a bus. Camping is $10 a day and includes electric and restrooms with showers.

We also have a food vendor on site for 3 meals a day. If you are interested, please join us. You can pay and register at the event. You will have to sign a release form per our insurance agent. We are hoping Covid does not interfere with our event like it did last year. We hope to see our All Metal Shaping friends in Oblong IL.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Metalmeet
Old 09-02-2021, 06:51 PM

Default Metal Sales 2021

Metal sales 2021

Hello everyone. As usual Metalmeet is going to allow those who come to purchase steel and aluminum. However, this process will be much different this year. As you all are aware the cost of sheet steel has about tripled since last year. But we have to have it for our event, some of you guys have to have it for your projects or even your business.

As I worked to find a good price it became obvious that there wasn’t one. Also the price I was given in June and July would not be the same when I actually made the purchase in late September. It kept going up when we wanted it to come down. Finally, now I do have a price and I need to get it all ordered very quickly.

Today is Sept 2nd and I will pay for the materials early Monday morning, September 6th. So here is how I must do it this year.

If you are coming to Metalmeet in Oblong Illinois in October, you can pick up your steel and aluminum there.

If you want steel or aluminum, you must do two things now.

#1. I need to know what you want before Monday so send me an email telling me who you are and your home address and what you want to purchase. My email is phadorn@fuse.net

Example: John Smith, User Name: Steel Bender 2000, 331 Main St, Anywhere USA. 41097, I need 3 sheets of steel and 1 sheet of aluminum.

#2. The 2nd thing you must do is write a check to Metalmeet.Com INC and send it to our Registrar.

Lesa Yager Registrar

3922 N. 200th St.

Oblong, Il. 62449

You are welcome to purchase as much as you want. Here is the price for the material. And after midnight on September 5th, I will not be accepting any more orders I am sorry for the short notice. Please alert any other members who you think may be interested in buying metal.

19 GA CR DS TYPE B 48 X 96 48 X 96 IN DRAWING QUALITY AK $133.00 a sheet.

.063 3003-H14 ALUM 48 X 96 48 X 96 IN $135.00 a sheet

Last edited by 3 Chiefs; 09-03-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:09 PM

How do I register for the event? Currently it will be one other individual and myself. I'm looking at coming out just Friday and Saturday with my camper and would like to have a camping spot.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:36 PM

Hi Dale
You can pay and sign up at the office when you get there. You will have many camping spots to pick from. The city charges 10 dollars a day for the camping. We collect that but it all goes to the city.

Thank you