All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-17-2023, 12:13 PM

Default New here from the midwest

Hi guys!

I'm Tyler from Minnesota, a gear head and fabricator at heart. I wish I would have found out about this forum a long time ago! I was recommended by a guy over at the hotrodders forum.
I just got the opportunity for the job of my dreams, to work in a custom shop building insane hotrods and restomods!

I have always been fascinated with custom cars and motorcycles. I grew up watching Jesse James, Billy Lane and Indian Larry. So when I was about 14 I knew I wanted to build a motorcycle, so I mowed enough lawns that summer to purchase my first welder (a hobart 140) So I learned by many many mistakes, took every welding/ machining/ auto class I could in high school. My senior welding project was actually an English wheel I made. I found a cool mini chopper forum and they would have these "build offs" every few months, So my first real project was a Billy Lane inspired mini chopper, I made everything except the engine, wheels and tires and a few other pieces. I joined a mini- truck club and started bagging trucks, doing body drops and suicide doors. If I am allowed to post pics I would love to show you all.

So now I will have access to pretty much every metal shaping tools and even a pull max! So my boss (If things go well, and he decides to hire me that is) said he wants to test me so my first project is going to be fabbing up a rear hatch door (for the hard top) from scratch, for a custom '71 scout 800. So I probably will be posting a separate thread dedicated to that and questions.

I'm so excited I cant even believe it! Ive been watching Make it Kustom on youtube and learning a lot. I am hoping to hear back some feedback and will want to share my work with all you! Hope everyone has a great weekend!