All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-05-2020, 07:47 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Starting to see progress on the new book.

I got this layout for the back cover. Front cover still being worked on. Hope to have completed books prior to the Redneck Roundup.

Book is called 'I Was A NASCAR REDNECK' - 'Recollections of the transformation of a Yankee farm boy to a NASCAR redneck in the Golden Era of NASCAR and beyond'

It is a paperback 7" x 10", almost 600 pages, 165 pictures, about 1-1/4" thick.

BackCover.jpg
Old 07-05-2020, 08:08 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month August 2018

Hi Will

This looks like a great book, can't wait to read it!

Bill

"A sign of a good machinist, is one who can fix his F$@& Ups" My mentor and friend, Gil Zietz Micro Metric Machine.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:22 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

This is definitely a "gotta read this!" on my list - I will need 3 copies, to start.
Yeehaw!

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:57 PM

Default first look at the first design of book cover

Got this from the printers this afternoon. There will be some changes in font size, etc. but will most likely be similar to this.

Some new info. 605 pages, 165 pictures, weighs 3.63 pounds each, (15) 55 pound boxes to be shipped. Maybe in less than three weeks?

wccover1.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 07-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:14 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2016

Great speaking with you the other day about the book. I can't wait to read it.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:16 AM

I have created a website for this book that includes a blog section. I have also uploaded color pictures of the black and white pictures that are in the book.

There is also an opportunity to purchase the book on the 'place an order' page.

In the blog section, I would be happy to receive any comment that you might have regarding the book, and I am looking forward to answering any questions that someone might have about the contents of the book or any questions about anything seen in the pictures.

Here is the link: www.nascarredneck.com Best view w/ Google Chrome.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:20 PM

I have updated the color picture section of the book website. These are color copies of the B&W pictures shown in the book. I have added a few extras as well.

The Blog section is picking up speed. If any of you that have purchased the book and have a comment, this is the place. I will be answering questions that are asked regarding either the book or the pictures.

I has been rumored that one of my mentors, Mario Rossi, met with an unfortunate demise. I ran across a writing about his disappearance and I posted a link to it on the blog.

www.nascarredneck.com
Old 09-15-2020, 04:58 PM
Meet Hosts

Will,I was the guy who went home from the Roundup with your book. I enjoyed it very much. I live only 12 miles from the Gilmore Museum in Michigan. Last Saturday I was there and went to look at the model A truck. She looks great and shes being well taken care of. I hope to meet you in person some day.

Andy G (guesswork)
Old 09-15-2020, 07:40 PM

Thanks, Andy.

I have had some others send me a picture of that Panel Delivery. There is a business name on the side now. It was not on there for the fine point judging.

There is a black and white photo of that truck in the book, and I have added those pictures to the new book website. They are in a 3-4 second sliding time frame.

I have also added a Table of contents to the website.

If you, or any others want to make a comment about the book or a question about any of the pictures, there is a blog at the bottom of that page. I would like to acquire as many posts on that blog as I can in an effort to increase my chances of getting the book picked up by a marketing company.

It is good timing about that truck, as I just got off of a video blog interview out of Virginia and one of the guys asked about that truck as well.

Thanks, Andy.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:20 PM

Hey guys, I have a low priority request. The books have been selling stronger than expected, and I am considering approaching some one to help market them. I would first like to build some 'traffic' around the book by asking for those of you that purchased the book, or borrowed it to read, if you would consider making a post to the blog at the book website at the bottom of the first page.

www.nascarredneck.com

The blog is intended for folks to ask a question about a story or a picture, primarily about the racing section, but any appropriate comment would be appreciated.

Explorer does not work on every occasion. Firefox works better, and Google Chrome works best and is faster.

Thank you!

Last edited by RockHillWill; 09-27-2020 at 01:24 PM.