All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-10-2023, 09:26 AM

Default A modern A

Couple years back I built up a chopped A body for a customer and that was a first for me. I am not someone who will ever have means to do a hobby build but will always have ideas and just enough artistic ability to show them. So this is me doing that. I do computer art too but love to draw.

Every time I've tried to imagine what I might build for myself, I end up with late 30s coupes. As some here have, I find that to suit me... some adjustments of scale and proportions are required.

Today's work will complete 12 years of metal and mud at a classic and custom shop (current projects are a fairly plain 56 Chevy truck and a 55 Nomad that was el Caminoed after a tree fell, I put a 55 truck roof on it) and upon reading posts this morning, seeing what others are cooking up, I find the forum climate ripe for a post showing what I put on paper a few months back.

I call it a Modern A. Being a muscle era guy at heart, first I wondered what a Model A hardtop would look like. Then, drawing from design bits seen over a decade of crash work before custom and classic... I applied things I thought might make sense to the quirky prewar design. Such as unibody construction for a lower pan.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of it so here it is. My interest fizzled before a side view sketch was finished. But you never know what will inspire who, and obviously I am not without inspiration from viewing such projects here. Every panel is altered, theres no stock parts pictured, it just kind of borrows common shapes of the era and isn't "thought out" very far.

Just for entertainment.

Ha. This one is another such pipe dream... its imaginary from scratch, I just started with a 50 Ford coupe roofline. It did not turn out as I expected but! It is unique as far as I know. Vague resemblance to several cars.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resizer_16668426401431.jpg (43.5 KB, 456 views)
File Type: jpg Resizer_16667039371071.jpg (72.6 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg Resizer_16672805299161.jpg (137.1 KB, 457 views)
File Type: jpg Resizer_16726993404301.jpg (101.5 KB, 451 views)
Old 03-11-2023, 04:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2020. October 2023

Nice.
I traced mine from photos on a light box, but drew Model T's in the oblique 60 years ago in high school.
I did these of the waterpump of the 1/3 scale V8, and a miniature pocket valve Harley I was making. Never could get the cylinder heads to pour.

Name:  20230311_133341_resized.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  102.1 KB