All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Buck Building
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Default Metal Shaping Bucks

HELLO! I Here it's difficult to find metal shaping bucks. This is one of the main reasons why people never get involved in metal shaping. I have found a good place to find them. I began metal shaping about 10 years ago. A strange coincidence is the maintenance guy in my building's father was a metal shaping guru here in the San Fernando Valley during the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. He said his father was invited to work on Carol Shelby's GT40s. He wanted his father to stay at the hanger and sleep on cots. He also wanted to pay a very low wage! His father turned the offer down. Our maintenence guy gets a call from Jay Leno every now and then to consult on cars that he gets.
Link To Buck Plans:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Testarossa-...8AAOSwfWpfANl9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143651767131

Last edited by RaceCarCraft; 07-07-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Welcome Mike. A question, are your patterns acceptable for CAM, ie, can they be sent to a waterjet place for cutting or is additional work required to cut out the slots where they interlock?

I'd suggest you include a photo of the car with the buck photos so folks know exactly which one they are getting.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:01 PM

Why do you say you have found a good place for bucks when in fact you created the Etsy page? Why not just say that?

I see you are selling 3D Modeling files not actual bucks. Have you built an actual buck using your plans? What are your models based on? Did you scan an actual car? Did you create your own 3D model? Or are you simply using 3D models available on the web and basing your bucks off those?

$650 is a lot of money for something with no basis in reality (according to your ad).

Any experience in Metalshaping? To me it looks like you joined to spam the forum with your ad. Sorry no thanks.

Last edited by Chris_Hamilton; 07-06-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Banned

Default Metal Shaping Bucks

The sale is for a file that is to be printed on a large scale printer. The patterns are to be used as templates for cutting the buck out on your material of choice. YES, I have made bucks from these files that I personally use. Cardboard works excellent. $650.00 is extremely cheap for these patterns, too cheap, in fact. People who wash dishes make that in a week, most people earn $50-85K per year. I am working with companies here that do laser cutting, and may soon sell a complete buck made from plywood, but I doubt there are many people who will pay a few thousand dollars for it. They are made on CAD, which is what EVERY engineering company works from. They are very close to the originals, not that you, personally, would ever see an original anywhere.

Last edited by RaceCarCraft; 07-07-2020 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:28 AM
Banned

Default To Kerry

The patterns are designed so the maker has a lot of space to use them however they wish, meaning, they can be used for a wire frame, template gauges w/o a buck, simple cardboard, etc. I don't sell CAM files, because very few people have access to that equipment.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:01 AM

Thanks Mike. Please share with us some of the bucks and bodies you have built from these nicely crafted plans.

Remember that the best of men, are only men at best.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:08 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

I am interested in seeing the bucks that have been made as well.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:41 AM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarCraft View Post
HELLO! I Here it's difficult to find metal shaping bucks. This is one of the main reasons why people never get involved in metal shaping. I have found a good place to find them. I began metal shaping about 10 years ago. A strange coincidence is the maintenance guy in my building's father was a metal shaping guru here in the San Fernando Valley during the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. He said his father was invited to work on Carol Shelby's GT40s. He wanted his father to stay at the hanger and sleep on cots. He also wanted to pay a very low wage! His father turned the offer down. Our maintenence guy gets a call from Jay Leno every now and then to consult on cars that he gets.
Link To Buck Plans:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Testarossa-...8AAOSwfWpfANl9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarCraft View Post
The sale is for a file that is to be printed on a large scale printer. The patterns are to be used as templates for cutting the buck out on your material of choice. YES, I have made bucks from these files that I personally use. Cardboard works excellent. $650.00 is extremely cheap for these patterns, too cheap, in fact. People who wash dishes make that in a week, most people earn $50-85K per year. I am working with companies here that do laser cutting, and may soon sell a complete buck made from plywood, but I doubt there are many people who will pay a few thousand dollars for it. They are made on CAD, which is what EVERY engineering company works from. They are very close to the originals, not that you, personally, would ever see an original anywhere.
That's a very honest introduction.

I'm also looking forward to pics of actual bucks and the cars built using them.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

This guy has been booted and the threads cleaned up. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and even sent him a PM telling him to make no more sales posts. Some folks are slow learners I guess.

I left his two original threads in place just in case anyone wants to communicate with him via his stores. I'd say buyer beware but you are all big boys.

Speaking of bucks, there is a guy in Russia that has a ton of newer cars scanned and split into buck stations. The only thing that was remotely interesting to me was the Porsche 550 Sypder. His files are cheap at $100 each or so, you print on whatever paper you want. Download only.

Here is his website: http://kitcarik.ru/shop

Email is http://kitcarik.ru/shop

Cheap enough at 99 dollars but unknown quality. Buyer beware!

He posts on the facebook coach building groups if he hasn't been kicked off.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 AM

Default Down payment??

Looks like a great thing but when I opted to buy it now they require a down payment. You are then instructed to contact them via email. If the sell where located in any other country but Russia I may be inclined to purchase a set.